Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
'91 964 C2 Black targa for sale

This '91 964 C2 targa has 95K miles, Black/gray, 5 speed; interior is excellent, no dash cracks; exterior paint is excellent, not quite perfect, no dents; newly rebuilt/restored targa top- does not leak air or water; original D-90 alloy wheels, new tires 10K miles/2 years ago in standard sizes; recent new clutch and flywheel, four rotors, pads and brake fluid 300 miles ago; new 993 A/C compressor and system converted to R134a- A/C is cold; Stuttgart receiver with OEM amp, new speakers; original dual distributor replaced with updated Porsche unit; new control module for rear spoiler; cruise control works perfectly; have new Porsche OEM windshield seal with new to be installed windshield. The engine, trans and suspension: No eng under-tray and during my two years and 10K miles there have been no oil drips on the garage floor, but there is very minor normal oil weeping in a few areas, nearly 2k miles per liter of oil with Brad Penn 20W50. The weeping oil is coming from the valve cover gaskets, which I will replace when the new steering rack is installed (see below).
After I posted the original version of this ad I had a fairly significant power steering fluid leak. It quickly became apparent that the car needed to have the rack rebuilt, so at the moment the rack is out of the car having that done. I will take several photos of the entire underside when the car goes back on the lift to have the steering rack installed. No issues with transmission, and engine runs smoothly and very strong. The suspension remains at US ride height, so I'd recommend lowering it to ROW; the shocks work fine, but I'd recommend replacement if/when the suspension is lowered. Bushings are in good condition as well.
Whoever buys this car will get a really clean, not rusty, kept indoors, no issues 911. I have driven the car a lot during the past two years (my ownership period) and tried very hard to solve and correct every minor issue I discovered. Reason for selling is that I just bought a '96 993 C2 coupe. I cannot afford to keep that and a Cayman R as well as this 964. The 964 is located in eastern Massachusetts, close to Boston. I can be reached by email at: kwikit356@gmail.com; mobile is 603-380-2971. Pics should follow as attachments. Many more are available upon request. I will answer every question the best I can, or get a professional opinion. PPI welcomed. Price is $23,000, or best reasonable offer close to that amount.
Norm

Last edited by kwikit356; 09-14-2013 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: ad content for new repair, clean up language to clarify.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage

Bump.

New power steering rack being installed now. Photos of underside of car to follow when it goes on the lift again for the installation.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage

Steering rack has been rebuilt and installed.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Four new tires. Bridgestone Potenza RE11A: 205/55x16 front; 225/50x16 rear.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: