Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1974 Sunroof Coupe

Selling my old buddy (VIN 9114102346, engine# 6144042) because I am retiriing and downsizing to a place without sufficient garage space. She is in beautiful cosmetic and mechanical shape.

Car was delivered in Feb 1974 with virtually all options, including Factory air conditioning, power sunroof, 'trombone' oil cooler, rear window defogger, Fuchs alloy rims, oil temperature and oil level gages, and 5-speed manual 915 transmission. The AC cools beautifully - it is the original, R12 Freon design - and this car comes with enough R12 for several car lifetimes. All AC hoses have been updated to modern material and are leak-free, it hasnt needed a recharge since this was done in 2001. The dashboard has no cracks (accessory hard plastic dashcover will last forever) and all gauges, lights, heater, radio and electric sunroof work perfect. Front/rear sway bar and metal (not plastic) engine grille were standard on this model.

The stock radio was replaced with a Blaupunkt Key Largo CD player with removable faceplate. Other upgrades: Hydraulic cam chain tensioners, CIS pop-off valve, 1.5 HP starter, halogen sealed beam headlights, Turbo valve covers, dedicated headlight relay, and 911 SC side mirrors have been added for reliability and safety.

Nearly all rubber seals have been replaced including the doors, trunk, rear window, and front windshield. Tan interior, with black trim, dash and door pockets. Door pockets are nearly perfect with minimal wear. Black headliner is recent replacement in perfect condition with functional zipper. Entire vehicle has been well maintained with recent (2012) front end rebuild with new struts, tie rods, disks, and pads, and rear shocks. Pan is original and entire car is rust free due to its years in California, with absolutely no winter driving in Colorado. I had a recent, complete, quality paint job performed, including the disassembly of most body components for thorough prepping and painting by recognized paint house (Anziano's in Anaheim, CA). Nearly all bare metal vehicle hardware was replated to factory specs prior to reassembly to preserve showroom appearance.

The ODO reads about 36,000 miles but true mileage on it is 136,000. The car is totally rust free, and has no dents or dings at all. This car comes with original space-saver spare tire and tire compressor, jack, and extensive service spares. Original and complete tool kit and a lot of spares. I will also include several special tools: CIS service gage set, jack plate, valve adjustment feeler gauge, CIS fuel injection hex wrench, jack pad, CIS service tools, R12 Freon bottle and R12 gage set.

This car has ALWAYS been garaged. I am located about 15 miles west of Denver. If you plan to have the car shipped, it is the buyer's responsibility to make shipping arrangements, but I will be happy to help in any way possible.

Price: $24,000 obo

Old 09-29-2013, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Wanted to let everybody know there are more pictures online at

Vehicles for Sale | Hemmings Motor News

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 09-29-2013, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
1974 , cis , coupe , sunroof