Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to PorscheG96
FS: 1993 Porsche 968 6 speed coupe - new price

Black / black 6 speed coupe, low options [8 way power driver's seat, no m030, no LSD]
Reliable and fun daily driver, 25 mpg, 171k miles with condition to match
It was a rough car that I purchased back in Dec that I've spent much time and effort bringing back and had hoped to do some fabrication projects with. I've genuinely enjoyed commuting with it to work everyday but this 968 has to go because I bought my old car back this month and I can't take delivery until I make room in the driveway.

Plenty of pictures here: 1993 968 Coupe Photos by PorscheG96 | Photobucket

Good:
M030 front and rear sway bars with new bushings
Koni yellow adjustable rear shocks and front struts with fun, solid ride
17" 993 cup wheels [factory wheels, not replicas] with Bridgestone RE-050A tires - 50% tread on fronts, rears will need replacement this year - smooth ride, no vibrations
Driveline is fully sorted with soft, smooth clutch, new hydraulics, quiet axles, smooth shifting with new bushings and pinion bearing repair by PO
Steering is also sorted - no power steering leaks, great feel, and excellent factory airbag steering wheel that I installed
No oil consumption or smoking/burning from tail pipe, ever, perfect oil pressure at all times
New radiator fan switch and I fixed a coolant leak - cooling system is perfect now with no leaks, no weird or high temperatures, ever
All brake pads have plenty of life, rotors will need replacement at next pad change
Recent belts in perfect condition that I re-tensioned myself in the last 1k miles
Replaced distributor cap, spark plugs, and air filter
Decent black interior that I'd rate 7/10 with no dash cracks, minimal seat wear / no tears, all gauges and lights working, HVAC, AC, power locks, new black Lloyd's floor mats were $150
The rear bumper and front left fender were really rough so I had them professionally repainted for $800
I inspected the camshafts and variocam pads - all the camshaft teeth are present and look good, minimal tracks in upper variocam pad
Fixed major oil leak which was an incorrectly installed valve cover gasket
Locking fuel cap matches with ignition/door lock key - I've seen cars with non locking or aftermarket locking caps requiring different keys
Clean history and title in hand

Issues:
A couple of noisy hydraulic lifters some mornings, goes away when engine is warm
There's still an oil leak somewhere that leaves 2-3 small drips each time I drive it.
Bra is covering damaged front bumper, looks like it was bottomed out on a curb stop so it's scraped and the bottom trim is gone but I'm including the black leather bra with sale
Sunroof and cruise control inop
Cable rear hatch release - motor inop
Body work on passenger rear quarter panel; other misc scratches on passenger door and a ding / chip in the hood.

Issues are all relatively minor and I'd have fixed them easily in the next couple months - it wouldn't take much more effort to make this a pretty nice car. Asking $8k OBO for quick sale. 968's are the best car you can get for the money, IMO, especially 6 speed coupes. Please PM or email porscheg96@yahoo.com

Last edited by PorscheG96; 04-04-2014 at 06:34 AM..
Old 03-30-2014, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to PorscheG96
Bump, I've dropped the price $1k and been driving the 968 everyday - it's a nice car for the money, looks good, reliable, fun to drive!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: