Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

FS: 1997 Porsche 993 Guards Red/Black (RUF WHEELS!)

Hi everyone. I will cut straight to the chase. This is a 1997 Porsche 993 Guards Red on Black. It is a sunroof, 6-speed manual car. It currently has 136,050 miles, but do not let the mileage fool you. It looks like a 70,000 mile car; people are always shocked by the mileage when I tell them. The engine is strong. This is an excellent car that has been daily driven the past year and a half. The car is a real head-turner, everyone says it reminds them of Miami Vice. Overall, I would have to say the car is an 8.2658/10. It is not perfect, but it is not bad either. The paint is pretty good, and the body is impressively straight. I had the bumper repainted this summer due to rock chips. The paint blends very well and is not noticeable at all. The interior is pretty great. There is some wear on the driver seat but it looks like its out of a 50,000 mile car. The leather is fantastic all around, and the carpets are great. Headliner is in good shape too, just sagging a little right next to sunroof. Sunroof works perfectly. The car runs great and is a smooth ride. Everything works on the car excellently, including AC and heater. It is the perfect driver. A lot of money has been put into it the past year ($11,000). Before I purchased it at 125,000 miles, the car had a top end rebuild. The car's transmission was swapped earlier this year around May with a rebuilt. The new transmission came out of a 1997 993 Targa with 45k miles. The transmission was rebuilt prior to purchase and also has a factory original L.S.D. (very rare). Belts were replaced 150 miles ago. All books, manuals, spare tire, tire pump, tow hook, and car jack comes with the car. I have a records book with 150+ receipts/pages going all the way to when the car was purchased new. The car only saw the best of Porsche shops in Houston (DriverSource, Lawell Motorsports, Porsche of North Houston, Porsche of West Houston, Sports Car Repair).

37 photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/58143075@N02/sets/72157647018094893/

Options/Mods:
*ABD
*Motorsound Package (Rare option)
*2 Sets of Mats
*H&R setup to Euro RS ride height
*RS Shift Knob
*Short Shift kit
*Euro tray (center console)
*Fabspeed Maxflo exhaust
*Original RUF 18 in (RARE! $$$)
*Updated all speakers to Rockford Fosgate (They sound way better, and look like O.E.M.
It took me awhile to find the right ones that looked closest to original.)
*Steve Weiner Chip
*New immobilizer was installed in July. I also had a brand new key and key fob
programmed to the car.
*Michelin Pilot Super Sports (50% tread left)

Cons:
*Headliner is slightly sagging next to sunroof.
*Car does leak some oil, but not much. Just like any other older Porsche. Oil changes
are done regularly every 3,000 miles.
*One of the front fog lights is broken, shown in the pictures. It's $70 to replace I just
never got around to it before I moved to Austin.
*There is a scrape on the right rear of the bumper shown in the pictures. The bumper is
straight , so it would just be a paint job. I got a quote back in August for $275.
*The rear-left wheel has some curb rash. It is not deep at all, but does go around a bit.
I was parallel parking one night and kissed the curb. I had the wheel checked and it is
perfectly straight. I was quoted at $95 to fix.

I am asking $41,500. The car is available to look at/test drive any day of the week. I will gladly help organize a PPI for anyone who does not know any shops in the Houston area.
You can call me anytime of the day though I might not always be able pick up so a text or email would work better.

832-671-2423
marcusagarcia14@gmail.com

Overall, this car is fantastic. It is perfect for anyone who wants a 993 to hold onto while they climb up in value, or wants a 993 to daily drive. I really will miss this car, it is the favorite of 911s that I have had (911 SC, 996 Turbo, 997 GT3). Don't miss out on this opportunity!

Happy buying,
Marcus Garcia

Old 11-17-2014, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

bump for hump day
Old 11-19-2014, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Bump Price drop 40,500!! Trying to get into another car..
Old 11-24-2014, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Bump! The car will be at Coffee and Cars Houston this weekend so come check it out! Feel free to get inside, look around, and go through the records book. If you are seriously interested I will be more than happy to let you take her for a spin!
Old 12-01-2014, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Hey guys! Dont be scared to make an offer..

Old 12-08-2014, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
993 , euro , lsd , red , ruf