Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Three 1965-66 912s package deal $31,000

Three Porsche 912s, two 1966 and one 1965 registered as a 1966. Package deal, buy all or none. I need the space for other projects. The cars have not been modified and are in Oklahoma, 3 hours from Dallas by car, 2 hours from OK City or Tulsa.

Black 912- complete with good body and minimal floor rust, hood rust is superficial, all 3 Vin number plates match good Oklahoma title in my name, engine supposedly rebuilt, I saw it run when I parked it, 5 speed, 5 gauge dash, Euro heater boxes and fan shroud, the factory COA document says it is a 1965 built 11-18-65 (NOT painted dash version), but it is registered as a 1966. With a brake rebuild, gas tank cleanout and carb cleaning/tuneup it should run and drive. Came from factory in Polo Red with black vinyl interior. Has 5 factory rusty chrome wheels all dated Nov. 1965 and 5 original hubcaps. Has Dellorto carbs. Engine and trans are 1966 numbers that do not match factory COA document. Original engine (not present) was a European number beginning with 8. All indications are that this was a European model privately imported to the US. Lived in Orange County California till mid-90s, then Nevada and Oklahoma.

Orange car-complete with rusty underside, all 3 Vin number plates match good Oklahoma title in my name, registered as a 1966, 5 speed, 3 gauge, engine out and partially dismantled, has original factory painted steel wheels of various dates. Has Weber carbs and two front bumpers, one steel original with trim (off) and one fiberglass (on it now). Came from factory in Polo red with black vinyl interior. I have not pulled the factory COA document to determine if engine and trans are original numbers, but they are 1966 according to the Maestro’s book, and the original Texas owner I bought it from said they were.

White car- roller rough shell with rusty floors, no drivetrain, no gauges, no brakes and no papers, bill of sale only, came from factory with Ivory paint and apparently with red vinyl interior (the four seats look original, are intact but crusty) and has rare driver side headrest also used on late 356s, good doors with glass and lifters, good driver quality window frame chrome all around. Has door plate with 1966 vin number showing Ivory paint code. Has 3 steel wheels and one 944 factory mag.

Bonus 1- long block 912 engine with 1966 engine number, complete out to heads, no sheet metal or accessories, has flywheel, clutch and crank pulley. Internal condition unknown, case is intact from external appearance.

Bonus 2- 1 worn pair original 1966 Solex carbs with manifolds and factory air cleaners

Bonus 3- 5 genuine Fuchs 14 x 6 mags in good condition with good tires. According to Duane Spencer these are the ideal wheels for a 912 unless you widen the fenders. 17 wheels in total counting those on the cars.

Bonus 4- Extra bare case with original oil cooler showing surface corrosion

Black and orange cars have keys. Drive the black one as a conversation piece, put the white one on a rotisserie to practice welding while building a race car with a wild engine, fiberglass and plexiglass, then put the orange one on the rotisserie when your welding skill is honed. That was my plan, then I retired and moved to Costa Rica for most of the year.

NO tool kits, jacks or manuals. These are 50 year old cars, for sale "as is where is" with no guaranty stated or implied. Cash only, no trades.

Steve 805-256-4485 call or text huff923@yahoo.com

Porsche 912 barn finds-3 1966-912 package

'84 944 NA
'88 911 Cabrio
Old 10-02-2015, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
1965 euro engine 912 , 1966 , 912 , swb 912