Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1993 Porsche 968

1993 Porsche 968 – Project Car
121,xxx miles
Black on Black
6speed w/ LSD
VIN: WP0AA2963PS820284

Purchased the car in 2014 as a project and it remains a project. I have sunk a fair amount of money into it with the intentions of making it a fun weekend/track car. It is not the prettiest of 968s due to various body and paint damage from the previous owner, but I bought it because it had solid, dry motor and the desirable 6speed/LSD combo.

The Good:

I have completed a front engine reseal – timing belt, water pump, all rollers, idlers, and tensioners.

Clutch master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder were replaced – braided stainless hydraulic line added

Distributor rotor, cap, and wires replaced

Head gasket and hall sensor replaced

993 Cup II wheels added

Transaxle flushed and replaced with new Redline fluid

The Bad:

The car starts and idles, albeit roughly. It is not running well but I have not had the time to try and diagnose it. Motor feels choked at low rpm and I can hear the catalytic converter "ticking" upon cool down so I suspect a clogged cat. Buyer will most likely need to trailer the car away.

Paint is shot in several places - will need a respray if you're looking for a show car

Interior is worn out and several interior bits are missing - I purchased it like this with the intent of stripping the interior down and putting in some Recaro buckets

Tires are old and will need to be replaced

A/C compressor removed due to broken mounting bracket

Odometer broken - I have put maybe 500 miles on it since purchase

Due to a job change and a move I no longer have the time or resources to bring it back to the reliable driver I wanted it to be. So, I am hoping there’s an enthusiast who wants a cheap project with most of the hard work done who can take it the rest of the way. I am looking to at least get my money spent out of it, but will most likely take a loss due to its condition and lack of history. If you're looking at this ad you know the transaxle Porsches are creeping (jumping) up in values, so this is a chance to get in a desirable model for cheap. Looking for $5,500 but open to reasonable offers.

email is kyle (dot) pilcher at gmail
cell is 630 205 5953

Old 05-04-2016, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Interior / Engine

Old 05-10-2016, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Body Damage

Old 05-10-2016, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
944 , 951 , 968 , porsche