Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1988 Turbo Cabriolet For Sale - USA Car in Canada

This 1988 930 Cabriolet is one of only 242 sold to the USA and ROW in 1988. Originally bought in California, it later spent time in Nevada. In 2008, this car was imported into Canada by an Ottawa businessman who seldom drove the car. I purchased it from him in 2011. Its a very nice example of a classic 930. Silver with matching original leather seats and black interior. The paint is in great shape (probably not original at this age but it's hard to tell by the thickness as these were hand painted, not by machine.) There was a repaint of a fender 2 years ago when a tool fell off a shelf in the garage, denting it. The soft-top and cover are in good shape. I have kept this car covered in a garage, as did the previous owner. I'm not sure I even drove in the rain or at night!

I have taken great pains to keep the car stock. It came to me with turbo-twist rims, not the original Fuchs so, no I don't have them. Aside from a few light bulbs and stereo, its stock.

Cars of this vintage suffer from age and heat stress that affect wiring harnesses, gaskets and sensors. I have had the main wire harness custom rebuilt in Europe. The original turbo, alternator and distributor have been recently rebuilt to original specifications. The car has just come back from a complete top-end rebuild. New pistons, rings, cylinder heads, and all the related gaskets and seals and sensors. New Bilstein front shock inserts and high performance brake pads all around. This car should be good for another 80,000 miles at least.

The Hagerty valuation for an average Grade 3 (good daily driver, not a project car) 1988 930 is $134,000. I find this a little steep. At my asking price of $125,500, the car should be able to be enjoyed and, if maintained, be passed onto the next owner with the likelihood of recouping the original investment with a little profit to boot.

The car is currently in Ottawa and can be viewed by appointment.
Can be easily reimported to the USA.

Sorry for the sideways pics. My MAC and the website in disagreement.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
1988 930