Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2002 Porsche Boxster 986

$8,000 OBO

2002 Porsche Boxster, 2.7 liter flat six, 5 speed manual transmission. 99,500 miles. silver over navy interior. car is very clean inside and out.

I bought this car in April of this year from a nice gentleman who had it posted on pelican parts. It's been a great car the past couple of months but I just bought a house so unfortunately its time for the toys to go. The previous owner was an enthusiast who did all the major services the car needed. here is a list of the service done this year prior to my ownership. (I have a folder full of receipts)

-New Sachs clutch kit, with throwout and pilot bearing.
-LN Engineering IMS Pro- I have the old bearing to show that it was in good shape. I have not sent in the warranty card in yet.
-After the IMS bearing, used Job Gibbs break-in oil for 300 miles, oil was just changed to LiquiMoly 5-40.
-Replaced Air-Oil separator. Easy to replace with the transmission out.
-New Tires- Michelin Pilot Sports. There are about 2000 miles on them.
-Waterproofed/treated the top. Rear window is great. Top retracts and closes perfectly.
-Performed full coolant flush, ran with distilled water and flushed again. Replaced several coolant hoses with Porsche hoses, used genuine Porsche coolant.
-New plugs and coils.
-Car has a new all weather car cover.

This is a nice clear Porsche Boxster. The interior is very nice, the seats are in very good condition.
The engine starts perfectly and runs smoothly. The transmission shifts nicely and the car has a lot of power running thru the gears.
The suspension is stock, and everything seems to be working as expected.

there are only 2 issues I've noticed with the car:

- The turn signal stalk is not self returning and doesn't like to stay in the "right turn" location. This is a very common problem with these cars and only $150 for a replacement stalk.

-There is a rattle in the exhaust, (either the muffler or a heat shield) that recently developed. it has no affect on the drivability of the car but is annoying at low rpm.

I would like small deposit, but I require cash on pickup. I have a clean title with no liens, transfer of paperwork should be straight forward.

*** Willing to trade for pickup truck of $3000 value or less with cash on your end***

Last edited by sdavis08; 08-19-2017 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: formatting
Old 08-19-2017, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

up
Old 08-22-2017, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
2.7 , 2002 , 986 , boxster , porsche