Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 4

Year: 1990
Make: Porsche
Model: 911 Carrera 4
Mileage (numbers only please): 162000
Color: Grand Prix White
Price (no $ sign please): $50000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: 3.6L Fuel Injected
Stereo System: AM-FM-CD-Bluetooth-USB-AUX

If interested, please contact Charles at 512.633.1813 (call or text) or charlesnkahle@kahle.org
More than happy to answer any questions you may have.

I am the fourth owner of this car, I bought the Porsche from a chick out of Florida almost 5 years ago. She bought the car from a guy in Michigan who had all work done by Aaron at Flat Six in Minneapolis. It was originally purchased from Beverly Hills Porsche in California. I have a good amount of service records on the car.

The paint looks amazing with minimal to no wash swirls and a glossy look to it. I am a professional detailer on the side so this car always sees a three-bucket wash method with grit guards. Paint has several layers of Dr. Beasley’s Nano Resin. Incredibly hydrophobic and a joy to keep clean. Car is always kept in a clean state and in a garage.

This car is a driver. Always warmed up to operating temperature before being driven hard. This 964 has seen it all. Road trips, rallyes, off-road, camping, first dates, track days…tons of memories. The reason I’m selling it is to get into a newer water-cooled car (maybe 997/987) with OBD II tuning capabilities I can do myself. I am in absolutely no rush to sell this car.
Car had the oil and filter religiously changed every 3,000 miles with 20w50 with high ZDDP. Always ran 93 octane fuel.

Mods and such:
17” Genuine Fuchs Felgen wheels 8” up front and 9” in the rear. Wrapped in Direzza tires with plenty of sticky tread left. These are some pretty rare wheels out of Germany that are forged and take some time to get. I waited about 6 months for them to even ship.
Clutch (Carrera racing flywheel, Sachs disc, Sachs pressure plate, Sachs release bearing, etc.)
Steve Wong 911 Chips Stage II Chip setup for Fabspeed headers and 93 octane gas
COBB Tuning Intake
Wevo Black Pillow Motor Mounts
Carbon Fiber Heater Bypass Pipe
Rothsport Single Pulley RS Fan Hub
Fan painted in Miami Blue
Gary Stratton duck tail
Cool Carbon brake pads and recently rebuilt calipers
Fully functional sunroof
H&R Coilovers - Lowered to RS specifications
H&R Sway Bars, front and rear.
Recently adjusted valves and oil change
Fabspeed Headers and Maxflow muffler. Also have optional straight pipes that can swapped out in about 15 minutes in place of the muffler. This exhaust sounds pretty darn incredible.
FVD 2 piece valance up front
Antilock Brakes
Cruise Control
New oxygen sensor
Foglamps with plasma ion bulbs
Clear Side Markers from Dansk
Power Brakes
Power Door Locks
Power Windows
Traction Control
A/C blows cold!!!!!!!!

Interior is immaculate. All black.
Leather seats, no cracks or tears, great condition both visually and mechanically.
Dash has no cracks, has not faded.
All gauge faces have been color matched to Grand Prix White. Speedo is in KMPH but odometer still reads miles. Work done by a speed shop out of SoCal.
Function First extended shifter and knob.
RUF pedals
RUF floor mats
Heat and A/C
Momo Steering wheel hub
Momo Mod 07 Wheel and NRG Quick Release
Blaupunkt headunit and AMP.
Harmon Kardon Infinity Kappa speakers and tweeters
AMP is ready for a subwoofer, but never installed one as the sound quality as it sits is great. Perfect balance.
Leather Bra and Mirror Caps (for flag mirrors!!) included, also have oil pouches.
Tool kit still complete
Spare tire

The Good:
Car pulls hard, ready to drive. Recent belt replacements and DME relay replacement means this thing is good to go. Car is 25 years old so qualifies as a “Classic” car in some states. I do have the OEM headers and catalytic converter for owners in California if you need them. I won’t install them on the car, but they are yours if you need them.
Trans was rebuilt by Moorespeed a few years back, so it’s in good shape. Had a syncro go out on me, so had it rebuilt while it was out.
This car turns heads everywhere I go and has won some car show awards before.
The Bad:
It’s a 964, on the original motor so naturally it has some oil weeping. I guesstimate that you will see about 4 or 5 drips on the garage after a drive. It rarely requires topping off oil which is nice. Not really a bad thing that it drips, but would need a reseal if you wanted it completely gone. Top-End has not been rebuilt.
The Ugly:
This 964 has the “typical” rust underneath the windshield. There is some bubbling of the paint.
The car has been repainted in the past. They did a pretty good job, it was another owner that did it.
The driver’s side rear fender has a crack in the paint. I have shown this in the photo album. Driver’s side headlamp has a crack in it but is still sealed.

As with any car you buy used, a PPI is always recommended. I can help facilitate getting the car to a shop if you like for a PPI to be performed. You will be responsible for the PPI charges obviously. The Austin area has some great Porsche shops that do honest work including Moorespeed, ATX Autosport, TPWS, Werks11.

Full photo album found here: Porsche 964 Carrera 4 by Charles Kahle | Photobucket

Last edited by chuckoslovakia; 09-13-2017 at 08:35 AM..
Old 09-13-2017, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: