Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Automotive Monomaniac

Garage
1986 Porsche 911 Turbo "930" - $74.5K

Year: 1986
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage: 145,499
Color: Grand Prix White
VIN: WP0JB0937GS051229
Price: $74,500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Los Angeles
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed

I am selling my '86 930 because my new '18 991.2 has replaced it.

I've owned the car over 15 years, buying off a good family friend who had owned it for the previous 9 years. The first owner, a doctor who purchased it in Encino, California, owned it for 6 years. (The car has always stayed within 30 miles if its original selling dealership in Southern California.)

The basics:

* Clean CarFax
* No Accidents
* No Rust
* Always garaged and covered
* Smog legal
* Registration paid through 8/18!

Runs perfectly (I drive it at least once every 10 days... and I just drove it about 5 minutes ago!). In preparation for its sale, I took it to Schneider ******** in Santa Barbara. They did a major service (valve adjustment, plugs, all fluids, etc...) and I had the turbocharger replaced with a brand-new Borg-Warner K27 (with a warranty!). I also had them do a leakdown: 4%, 7%, 6%, 3%, 3%, 3% (the engine is strong). My bill was $4,523.73 because I didn't want to compromise.

You can call them to discuss the vehicle, as they are familiar with it.

Full disclosure: The vehicle has no A/C (I have the compressor if you want it) and the dashboard leather is starting to pull apart. The leather looks great (no wear and no tears). The steering wheel is a genuine "930 S" wheel from Europe with a spacer, so my 6'2" frame fits better. The engine has never been modified (stock boost), for longevity, but I do have a bolt-on Fabspeed stainless exhaust that remove the CAT and delivers more power.

I have all service records, from 4/21/93 in a big Excel spreadsheet. They total $49,326.59 (don't be alarmed, as the original owner spent the bulk of that. Today's operating costs are very low).

The 930 comes with TWO car covers (because twice as good).

More pictures (of the manuals, receipts, etc...):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9JsL9VkGEq3qXx6b2

This is a wonderful 930. Fast and brutal, and a real hoot to drive. This is a car for an enthusiast who wants to DRIVE their classic Porsche, not keep it locked up.

The price reflects the mileage, not the condition (as my car is very clean) or its mechanical state (see the PPI results above). If I had a four-car garage, I'd be keeping it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

- Mike

[Edited 10/1 to add the price to the title.]

Group Managing Editor at Kelley Blue Book, Autotrader, Dealer.com / Forbes automotive contributor

Last edited by Emission; 10-01-2017 at 10:33 AM..
Old 09-30-2017, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Automotive Monomaniac

Garage
Sorry I forgot to post the price! Just updated the post.

The asking price is $74,500

- Mike

Group Managing Editor at Kelley Blue Book, Autotrader, Dealer.com / Forbes automotive contributor
Old 09-30-2017, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
930 , porsche , turbo