Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
2001 Porsche 911 C4

2001 Porsche 911 C4, 6-speed manual, 2nd owner, Silver/Black, Albuquerque NM, $17,900

After 5 years of ownership, I've decided to sell my 2001 Porsche 911 C4 as I've purchased an e36 M3 turbo. I searched for over a year before deciding on this car, and flew out to Santa Clara, CA to buy it and drive it back to NM. This has been the most fun and most reliable vehicle I have ever owned! Chassis has 191k mi, but engine and clutch were replaced at 95k mi. Engine was replaced as a result of the infamous "IMS Bearing" (intermediate shaft bearing) failure in 2008. The original owner spent about $15k to replace the engine with a new factory crate engine supplied by Porsche. The clutch was replaced at this time as well with new OEM clutch. Both are in excellent condition now and it shows by how smooth and powerful this car drives. I have made a few modifications to this car during my ownership to enhance the handling, aesthetics and sound (no engine mods). These include replacing the original suspension with new Bilstein PSS10 coilovers on all 4 corners (I have receipts and warranty info), adding new OZ Alleggerita HLT wheels, Fister exhaust mod (sounds great!), and H&R wheel spacers, 15mm rear, 7mm front to give the car a slightly wider stance, making the wheels flush with the body. I have the original wheels, suspension and exhaust to go along with the car. Brakes are like new - replaced with slotted/drilled rotors and new brake pads in last year. Cooling system has been refreshed as well - new water pump, coolant expansion tank, radiator flush, etc. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sport and have more than 60% of original tread remaining. As this car is all-wheel drive, you could put winter tires on the original wheels and drive this car all year long without having to change tires between winter/summer (just swap wheels).

Overall condition of this car is excellent - I would rate it at 9/10 exterior, 9/10 interior, 10/10 mechanically. The silver/black color along with the anthracite OZ wheels and slightly lower and wider stance really make this car stand out. I have not seen another one in as good condition - no maintenance item has been overlooked (I have full records from my ownership and original owner), and the car has always been garaged, both in California and here with me (at home and at work). I could go on about how fantastic the car is, but seeing/driving it in person really tells the story. I have an Autocheck Vehicle History Report (I prefer them to carfax) run on 10/3/2017 for interested buyers - shows 2 owners, consistent mileage and 0 accidents. See screenshot of 1st page of this report in attached pictures.

Highlights of this car:

- 2 owner car - I bought from California from original owner when he purchased a newer 911 C4. Has always been in CA or NM and garaged in both.
- No accidents/paint/bodywork whatsoever - paint is in great shape, as is the interior. Only one ding on the entire car above rear driver wheel well, about the size of a dime. No clearcoat peeling, no fading. Leather inside is fantastic - this car has the "supple leather" interior option which gives it a bit more comfort and also prevents any stretching/separation at the seams as there is extra material.
- Options also included the bi-xenon "litronic" headlights - no cracks or hazing.
- Always serviced at Hans Wittler since my purchase - I have all the records from my ownership and previous ownership.
- Engine and clutch replaced in 2008 with new factory-sourced Porsche engine due to IMS bearing failure.
- IMS/RMS updated in 2008; have pre-purchase inspection from my purchase in 2013.
- Clutch was also replaced with new OEM clutch at the time of engine replacement.
- Bilstein PSS10 coilover w/new strut mounts installed ~15k mi ago. Warranty included.
- 2 sets of wheels. Both sets in near-perfect condition.
- Everything works as it should - AC, automatic rear spoiler, radio, power seats/windows, etc. No interior mods.
- Clean/clear NM title in my name (no liens).

My asking price is $17,900 with reasonable offers considered. No trades, as I am already out of garage space.

PPIs or in-person test drives are welcomed. Please email me with any questions - stefan320@gmail.com. I can put you in touch with my mechanic at Hans Wittler if you'd like to get their impression/history of car. It truly needs nothing and I'm happy to assist with transport if out of state buyer interested.

Last edited by stefan320; 10-03-2017 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: adding location
Old 10-03-2017, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Just washed today

Old 10-06-2017, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
3.4l engine , 911 , 996 , carrera 4 , pss10