Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars For Sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche 968 in very nice condition

I've owned this 1994 968 for over 6 years and I've driven it quite a bit including trips to Arizona and California from Texas on several occasions. Pretty much every major system has been taken care of to keep the car in great working order and reliable. I have receipts for parts and work done back about 6 years. I'm selling because I have several other Porsche's now and I'm looking to downsize my collection. Car is in essentially stock configuration.

It has 187,000 miles on the odometer, but you wouldn't know by looking at or driving the car. Nicer than many with 60,000 to 80,000 less miles and all of the usual maintenance areas have been taken care of unlike a lot for sale that I've seen.

Asking price: $15,500

Car located in San Antonio, Texas

Details:

Engine: The rod bearings, all seals, camshaft chain and vario-cam pads, belts, hall sensor, plug wires, spark plugs, water pump, camshaft belt tensioner, speed sensors radiator, radiator plastic tank have been replaced in the past few years. The engine runs very strong, smooth and as it should. Hood shocks replaced about a year ago ... work perfectly.

Clutch: Clutch has plenty of life left ... it was replaced about 30,000 miles ago, but most of the miles have been on the highway. Transmission shifts well, no synchro issues, no whine ... very quiet and smooth operating ... just as it should be.

Shocks ... Bilsteins front and rear were installed about 7 years ago ... work nicely and very comfortable ride. Car is at stock ride height.

Brakes: New rotors front and rear and new pads all around were installed about 15,000 miles ago ... plenty of life left.

Tires: New within the past year ... probably only 2,000 miles on them.

Glass: Great condition! Front windshield was replaced 6 years ago due to a big rock hitting it. Rear hatch has been professionally re-bonded and is creak and leak free unlike most 944s and 968s. Rear hatch shocks replaced about three years ago and work really well.

Lights: All work correctly. Right front headlight goes down when turned off, but sometimes a little hesitantly ... almost like it needs a little lubrication, but otherwise, headlights work just like they should. Tail lights have a few light age/spider cracks in the lenses, but nothing that impacts the operation or weatherproofing of the lights themselves.

Paint: Overall, very good impression and about 60% original, but not perfect. Front fenders and bumper were repainted over 7 years ago by previous owner. Mirrors show the most chips and wear. Front bumper, even lowest point and around grille area in great shape and grille mesh (factory) in perfect condition.

Other items: Seats were recovered 6 years ago and look great ... no rips, tears or other blemishes. Dash has a few cracks, but not as bad as most. All under-body panels are present and in good shape. AC works great, compressor is a rebuilt one, but makes slight noise when operating.

Overall, it's a great, reliable and enjoyable driver, looks very good and gets many compliments, but is not a "perfect virgin garage queen" ... it's been driven and enjoyed. Yes, I have even driven it in the rain, and it has some rock chips and a few paint blemishes. That being said, it still looks really great even up close.

Last edited by AMCPILOT; 03-09-2018 at 07:09 AM..
Old 03-09-2018, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Bump for a great car!
Old 03-19-2018, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: