Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars Wanted/WTB/WTT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTT 68 Daytona for 914

I chanced across this very original 50 year old Daytona being offered by the second owners widow. They had purchased it in 1970 from the original owner. It had been in storage and not fired for over 1O years. Northern Eagle Cycle Amherstburg, ON was my source for parts.... Tivvy's Autocraft in Danville Va brought her back to life, he is well known in the vintage racing & English/German auto restoration world. [ long wait, very expensive, worth both] I have built many road race cars over the years...this project was even more fun ....but I have ridden it less than 5 miles! I bought it for my wife, I was going pick up a 441 for me and we were going to ride them in the national parks....she has no interest in ridding anymore.
Comes with the original parts that I replaced & a few new ones to be installed, receipts, photo copy of second owners title, original & updated manuals [ see photo], a 1950's Triumph "franchised dealer manual".... updates, ad slicks, recalls, pricing.... very very cool binder [valued north of $500]. Tivvy reworked the clutch, carbs, points, plugs and cables. I replaced most of the rubber items... rear stocks, new handle bars, and locks.
I believe the blue/green paint is original... some of the brackets have been repainted, 90% of the nuts and bolts have been cleaned up. The line from the oil tank to the chain and the battery overflow tube....still there! Odo shows 3590 miles. Oxford NC $7000 or trade for 914 / cash either way.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: