Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars Wanted/WTB/WTT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Secret Stig

WTB: 968, 944S2 or 944S

Direct e-mail added by multiple request: akathekjb@ gmail.com

A combination of work, some minor but time consuming health issues and family commitments have combined to severely limit the time I have available to continue doing the light restoration, minor mechanical work and various equipment upgrades / retrofits on my 1987 944S. I've been doing the work myself while also maintaining it as my daily driver but there are a few jobs that will take some time to complete if I try to continue doing the work myself, mostly because of the limited amount of time I have to spend under the hood. Even if I bite the bullet and have someone else do this work, the car is going to be in dry dock for a while so I need something else to drive.

I'm sticking to the DOHC engines and looking for another 944S, S2 or, preferably, a 968. Any potential vehicle needs to be a solid daily driver. Minor cosmetic stuff, interior or exterior, would be fine but MUST be pretty much sorted mechanically. Due to some of the driving I need to do on a regular basis, any vehicle considered must have a working cruise control unit. I'd prefer all of the power options work but am prepared to have to deal with one or two flaky or outright dead accessories, given the age of any vehicles in this category.

The car I'm looking for needs to be the coupe body style (sunroof is okay, actually preferred) and have a manual transmission. I've seen some ads for 968's advertise that they had 'flappy paddle' Tiptronic transmissions and that would be fine, too.

Please drop me a private message or email me directly at the address above if you have something you'd like me to consider or at least a lead on something. I'm looking for a daily driver and looking to spend daily driver money. High dollar garage and trailer queen motors need not apply. LOL

Ken

1966 912 Red R.H.D. UK Import w/ '72 911 engine UK Reg Plate#:LGN 4D (STOLEN in 1987 & I want it BACK!!!)

Last edited by akaKJB; 02-21-2015 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Added email
Old 02-15-2015, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Secret Stig

Answers to a few more questions:

I am looking at 944S, 944S2 and 968 models but if someone were to offer a decent, drivable 912 or 911 Targa variant of some kind, a Boxster or a Cayman for trade or trade + a bit of cash for my 944S, I'm certainly not going to discourage anyone from doing so but I might ask if you had recently started or stopped taking psych meds of any kind before signing any paperwork.

Yes, I'll consider a 944 N/A but only if it's 1986 or newer, pretty much perfect and my preferred color combo of dark blue or black exterior with tan leather interior.

No, I'm really not looking for a 924 or a 928. Sorry.

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest and given me some leads on cars or asked how they can help me take care of the things that need done on my 944S that I can't currently tackle myself because of the health issues. Thank you all so much.

Ken
1966 912 Red R.H.D. UK Import w/ '72 911 engine UK Reg Plate#:LGN 4D (STOLEN in 1987 & I want it BACK!!!)
Old 02-18-2015, 11:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Secret Stig

As requested, I've added a direct email address to the first post, akathekjb@ gmail.com

Old 02-21-2015, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: