Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars Wanted/WTB/WTT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
More cars than sense

Just great...

And now WTB ads are near-worthless here also.

Who makes these decisions? Is there anyone in charge with even the slightest experience in web forum behavior? Conversion metrics? Site analysis? Such a rookie mistake.

Good thing Pelican is in the business of selling parts (something they do well) and not relying on their forums for their success.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
More cars than sense

I understand, Wayne. And I appreciate your response.

But it was a mistake when the 911SReg did it and it's a mistake here. By moving the WTB ads to their own forum, it guarantees that they'll be overlooked by almost everyone. Except the professional sellers of course. They'll certainly stop by. The end result is that we'll kill one of the best things about these forums - the ability to help each other find that rare and much needed part.

I'm not in the Porsche parts business. But I have an easy $100k in parts tucked away for my personal use. I can think of at least a dozen instances over the last couple years when I've reached out to a fellow forum member and offered to sell them something they really needed after stumbling across their WTB ad.

And now those days are over. Even with the best of intentions, I can promise you neither I, nor anyone else who doesn't sell parts for a living, will remember to check the WTB forums like we do the FS forums.

And as for the WTB ads cluttering up the For Sale forums. I call BS on anyone who makes that complaint. These forums are very busy. And there aren't more than a handful of WTB posts made on any given day. Passing them up could hardly be described as a hardship.

But your house, your rules. And, again, thanks for the response (and I noticed yours was the only response, because hardly anyone saw my post, because it's here in the WTB section).
Old 02-25-2015, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
More cars than sense

Actually, upon closer inspection, it appears this change is only for car ads and not parts ads - very different than the change the 911S Reg made and not nearly the same level of tragedy.

My apologies for missing that.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: