Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars Wanted/WTB/WTT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

CT: For Sale/Trade 1977 911 Targa

I acquired this car a few months ago from a local private seller. The car had been sitting for approximately 5 years under a cover in his garage. Never stored outside, and absolutely no rust. The car has 72,xxx miles and had been repainted once in its life. The paint is clean with a few imperfections, all body lines are straight with no signs of any accidents (I was an autobody tech). I believe I am the third owner.

Since the car was sitting for so long I have done the following:
-Two rebuilt front calipers from Pelican because the front right was sticky.
-New battery (doesn't fit in tray very well).
-Distributor was sent out to Barry Hershon at IAE Inc. a month ago and completely rebuilt with new curve, eliminated the vacuum, and new points.
-basic maintenance

The car starts right up, idles at 900 RPM when warm. Car drives fine, and seems to be in mechanical order. There's a few oil leaks from the engine from sitting for so long. The car is not perfect, but it is a fun driver. The car basically needs some TLC.

I planned on building a track car with it, but then decided (from this board) that I would be doing an injustice to flare the quarters and strip a decent 911.

I am looking for a coupe (project) with no preference to year, or a reasonable cash offer. Below are some pictures, I'm sure I have forgotten some things and will update accordingly.

Call/text 860-326-9779 or email Matthewabagley@gmail.com

Old 10-11-2015, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: