Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Cars Wanted/WTB/WTT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB: my dad's 65 356SC

My dad, Eric Richard Scott, owned this 1965 Porsche 356SC from 1977 to 1980. As he recalls, the car was purchased for ~$4k from an individual who previously sold them a 1974 Audi 100LS in Oakland, CA. The license plate was California NHZ 614. It had a black interior, heater, AM radio, and he remembers parts of the seat brackets were cracked and he had trouble finding replacements at the time. In 1978 he stripped the car to a shell and had it repainted in the original green. He also had the motor rebuilt to 1750cc. He thinks the same shop did the paint and motor, and they might have been in San Leandro, CA. The attached pictures were taken in May 1980 right before the car was sold. He remembers having trouble selling the car, and ended up using some kind of broker in the South Bay Area: Los Gatos, San Jose, Saratoga or Sunnyvale. The car eventually sold for ~$10-11k. I'm trying to track this car down, and any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Old 11-28-2017, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
356 , california , porsche , wtb