Pelican Parts
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4-Classified Ads > Porsche Cars Wanted/WTB/WTT

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Did you get the memo?

Trades Considered: Exceptional 1982 911SC Cabriolet

At the moment I'm just kicking this around, I love this car and know that if I sell, the odds of finding another this nice is very slim. With that said I find that it's almost too nice to use on a regular basis, and as such is not driven as often as I would like. A brief description is below, if this becomes serious I will take the time to fully document the car.

1982 911SC cabriolet, GP White over black, about 70k documented miles with about 7k on a fully rebuilt 3.0 by Becks European in Scottsdale. Power windows, mirrors, cruise, A/C, leather. This is a very unique car in that it was ordered as a Targa, after which time the cabriolet was introduced by Porsche for the 1983 model year. The owner attempted to change his order to a cabriolet, instead the dealership converted the Targa to a cabriolet pre-delivery using factory guidance and factory parts. I have the window sticker and invoice showing the conversion pre-delivery. Original Scottsdale car, lived there until 2016 when I purchased it, believed to be the 3rd owner. Believed to be original paint, no signs of repaint or repair, no rust anywhere, all leather is new and very high quality, carpet is new, top is new, top seals are new, original uncracked and unwarped dash, excellent door panels, refinished Fuchs. The engine was rebuilt by Becks about 7k ago, the clutch was replaced with a lot of other maintenance completed. Upgrades include Bilsteins, fender mounted oil cooler with fan and scoop, upgraded A/C compressor and Procooler (blows cold!), Lloyd 911SC mats, Rennshifter with new coupler and bushings, 917 style shift knob, 930S wheel, performance airbox, SSIs, Dansk Sport muffler, H4s with sugar scoops, and probably quite a bit more that I'm forgetting. Includes original airbox, 3-spoke wheel, full tool kit, spare, all manuals, tonneau cover, front bra, Porsche OEM cover, and records going back to the 1990s. Lots of recent maintenance including oil changes, Swepco transmission fluid, fuel filter, fuel accumulator, window switch, window adjustment, fan knob, new RE11 tires, and more. Interior is like new, exterior shows light signs of use but is very very nice, mechanically fantastic.

That's a bit of a stream of consciousness but you get the idea, it is a fantastic driving cab that needs nothing. IF I were to trade it would have to be a trade plus cash, as I would like to reduce the money I have invested in cars. Stuff I would consider: 911SC or Carrera coupe, 928 S4 with a manual, 968 with a manual, 996 with a manual, Cayman with a manual, or potentially something else that checks the box as being fun and interesting. If you have anything to offer, please shoot me an email at mattjessupbba at gmail.com and we can go from there.
Past: 911T, Carrera, 951s, 955, 996s, 987s, 986s, 997s, BMW x5, C36, C63, XJR, S8, Maserati Coupe, GT500, etc

Last edited by onewhippedpuppy; 02-13-2018 at 04:00 AM..
Old 02-13-2018, 03:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Past: 911T, Carrera, 951s, 955, 996s, 987s, 986s, 997s, BMW x5, C36, C63, XJR, S8, Maserati Coupe, GT500, etc
Old 02-13-2018, 03:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Note that the whale tail has now been replaced with the original deck lid.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: