Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Cayenne & Macan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Passenger side air bag

My 2008 Cayenne S is giving me and the repair shop a lot of frustration. The air bag warning light is on. The repair facility was convinced that it is due to a faulty passenger side air bag. They talked me into replacing it and the light was cleared. It came back on a day later. Now they say it is the connector causing the light to come on. The connector is not available as a stand alone part, only as part of the wiring harness. were talking $ xx,xxx. Probably close to what the car is worth. Any suggestions?
Old 09-04-2018, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Air bag related issues is a safety concern, handled by dealer...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2018, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka View Post
The connector is not available as a stand alone part, only as part of the wiring harness.
What's the connector look like? Is it a generic electrical connector? Most are, shared across many different brands.

That or buy one used from a junkyard.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The dealer had a shot at this last year and replaced the pins in the connector. Lasted until their repair warranty expired and then re-appeared. I stopped by the independent repair shop today and after a month they had done nothing about finding a connector. They apologized and told me they would start calling salvage yards. I have no idea what the connector looks like. At my age I don't trust myself to do the things I used to not give a second thought about. i.e. Installed CU layer LED lights in my 356 and couldn't get the brake light on one side to work. I chased the wiring harness connections and found zero voltage, the next day the thought struck me. You need to have the brake pedal depressed in order for the brake light to work!!!!!!! Old age would be very depressing if it weren't for some of these amusing things.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Do a search for Cayenne airbag warning light on google you will find this is a common issue and fixable by soldering the connection together.
This might help also

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cayenne-macan-forum/529043-side-airbag-fault-warning.html
Old 09-22-2018, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: