Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Cayenne & Macan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Daily Driver??

Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of trying to decide on a daily driver. With the prices falling quite a bit on some of the earlier Cayennes, it's very tempting to pull the trigger on a car with average mileage (40-100k). I am a little bit concerned about the earlier cayenne and what kind of a maintenance commitment I'll be getting myself into. I've driven a friends '05 Cayenne Turbo and it was an impressive car, but with many issues. He took good care of it and didn't defer any of the maintenance. Even so, he typically spent $3-4k a year on misc. maintenance and it wasn't his daily driver.

Being an aircooled guy, I'm not all that up to speed on the issues with the various cayenne lineage. Are there specific years to look out for? Are the earlier cars problematic? What issues should I look out for in a higher mileage car? Any PPI recommendations on things to look at?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
Old 02-10-2019, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Expensive vehicles will always be expensive to maintain, regardless of their depreciation.

Here's a good thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-2011-2018/986048-if-you-re-thinking-of-buying-a-958-read-this-first.html
Old 02-11-2019, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: