Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Cayenne & Macan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

06 CTT P2403, P0441, P2187, P2189 Codes

Hi,
I am new to the forum and have researched all previous threads and would like to see if someone can confirm my assessment.

I recently purchased a 06 CTT with 52k. Car runs great, but shortly after purchase I receiving the random P2403 code (EVAP LDP circuit) without any other codes. I have had the entire system smoked 2 times and have had the LDP replaced; therefore, confirmed that there are no EVAP leaks and have replaced the gas cap. At one point, I went about 2 weeks without the P2403, but it started tripping randomly again. The 2403 code will only occur when the vehicle is cold and within the first couple of minutes driving, otherwise it does not trip after warming up. About a month later, I finally received a P0441 (EVAP purge flow incorrect) after the engine was warm. A few days later, I also received the P2187/P2189 (Bank 1/2 lean) codes. Now, I randomly receive the P0441 and P2187/2189 codes with the P2403 code pending. From all my research, I believe that the purge valve is failing which is tripping the P2403 and causing the lean mix on both banks. Can anyone confirm my assessment or offer any additional advice? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Information Junky

The P0441 I've dealt with. ..I wrote up a pretty good description here https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cayenne-macan-forum/506799-incorrect-purge-flow-durametric-fault-code.html

I was amazed how much influence that little evap valve had on the running of the engine.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks island911. Your post helped me troubleshoot my problem. Did you have codes other than P0441? Prior to the P0441 code, the car was running perfect, no fumes, and no problem starting (other that slight initial hesitation). Since the P0441 it idles a bit rough when cold, otherwise it still runs great. It would make sense that it is the purge valve and truly hope that valve is the issue cause this is getting really frustrating since I cannot stand driving with the CEL.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Information Junky

I had just the one fault code on that. Mine a '04 955S

Perhaps the turbos change the possibilities of what's wrong.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
p0441 , p2187 , p2189 , p2403