Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Cayenne & Macan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Radio Head-unit Issues

For about a week now I have been noticing that when I turn the car on in the morning the radio is not working (Unit comes on) The speaker are not playing. When lunch time comes all is good again...Could the morning dew here in Florida be contributing to this...I mean why wouldn't the radio play in the mornings just like it does in the afternoon...Tried charging the battery all the way up and nothing still won't play in the morning but by lunchtime it is all good again??? Ridiculous Lol!

Old 04-06-2021, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Nobody??? Ugh! Then I guess its new head unit time...Lol!
Old 04-07-2021, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Pull the trim ring from around the radio, use a torx tool to unscrew the radio, then pull it out and look for the harness with the two orange "wires." Those are the optical connection to the amplifier.

Unplug them and wipe them off, and plug them back in again.

My hunch is that that is not making a firm connection with the clip into the radio. When things warm up, the plastic gets soft and the optical connectors make their way back in again.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemath View Post
Pull the trim ring from around the radio, use a torx tool to unscrew the radio, then pull it out and look for the harness with the two orange "wires." Those are the optical connection to the amplifier.

Unplug them and wipe them off, and plug them back in again.

My hunch is that that is not making a firm connection with the clip into the radio. When things warm up, the plastic gets soft and the optical connectors make their way back in again.

Thank you for this will give this a try this weekend and let you know, really appreciate the feedback on this! Cheers!

Old 04-16-2021, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: