Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Cayenne

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
juan ruiz

Funny how the latest copy of excellent has a racing porsche picture on the back cover,i assume because porsche did so good in racing it will do the same in a suv market? i dont think so ,to me the suv market is already saturaded, but it makes me wonder why dont they jump in the next explosion,the import market is taking off like a rocket,all you have to do is look at honda,toyota,ford,ect,im sure porsche could build a small rocket and make more money that with this suv,time will tell.......
Old 07-04-2000, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
H2O911

SUV= Bad Idea.

Saw the pic. and it just makes me sad

s
Old 07-04-2000, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Rufblackbird

Juan,
That's a good idea. A superlightweight Porsche with say a Boxster S engine or a turbocharged 4 (951?) with a price close or lower than the S2000...and make it a roadster. Doesn't sound too bad at all.

------------------
Jeff
1976 911S
Old 07-04-2000, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
dw

Anybody remember the 4x4 off-road sports-panzer Lamborghini made in the late 70s? Wasn't a big sell as I remember but that thing looked like it had some hair on the cahones, not like the wimpy looking thing that the Porsche styling dept. is putting together.

BTW, anyone know the specs. on this wretched beastie.

------------------
DW

89 Targa
Old 07-04-2000, 11:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
ClayMcguill

DW, it was the Lamborghini LM002-and yeah, it was muy macho looking, wasn't it? It used the V-12 from the Countach, and would scoot to 60 in around 6 seconds or so, and it weighed like 5500 lbs! It was a 4-door with a rear deck-like area behind the back window(almost like the Explorer Sport-trac, but MUCH beefier). I've got the specs at home, and will post them after I get off work. By the way, anybody seen the new Hummer H2? Pretty slick, espically since it's slated to go for about $45,000 or so-should give the Excursion crowd something to think about, hmmmm?
Old 07-05-2000, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
rmccalla

Porsche has a history of making cars that 911 purists have no interest in -- basically anything that is not a 911. I admit that I am hesitant even to accept changes to the 911 itself. I guess the difference here is that the new offering is not a sports car -- a bit troubling for the marque.

My own reaction at looking at the picture of Cayenne was disbelief that Porsche would put its marque on that thing.

In the end, however, as long as Porsche continues to make arguably the best sports car on the market, we will continue to follow as loyal subjects. Don't you think?

Randy McCalla
1969 911S Targa

Old 07-06-2000, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Blizzard

I own a Ford Explorer, but I DRIVE a 911. That thing is ugly and an insult!
1984 911 Targa
Old 07-06-2000, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Leland Pate

I have a picture of my SC on the pad for a tech inspection for the hill climb I did a month or so ago. Sitting next to my car is a red 996. I think my car is so much better looking than that water cooled turncoat. Aside from the 18" rims, it looks like every other Lexus/Acura type sports car I see. One of the most special aspects about 911s, in my mind, is that the basic design stayed relatively unmolested for thirty years. These new cars totally lack the charisma that has attracted so many people to them in the past. I'm not saying that the thing isn't fast...I'm sure it is but that isn't the point. This Sport Ute thing is one more step in the wrong direction.
I wonder if Porsche makes it's money off of the people that would buy this SUV (I'm refering to status owners) and keep their reputation off of the type of people that frequent this board...true enthusiasts...people who truely love these little german cars and in their own way have contributed a little to the overall sucess of the 911. My mother would never ever understand how I can get so emotional about a car, and I myself don't really have a good reason, ...but I do.
Who knows, it dosen't matter...I seriously doubt that Porsche is going to can a 500 mil. dollar project just because it upsets the small croud of "OPG's" (Original Porsche Gangsters)
I am just as upset by it as the rest of you though.

Lets all try to be supportive and we will make it through these dark times

------------------
Leland Pate

___79 SC Targa

[This message has been edited by Leland Pate (edited 07-06-2000).]
Old 07-06-2000, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: