Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Cayenne

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Mind if I vent

Just wanted to vent my fustration with my local Stealership. Brought my 04 in with a nasty front end noise as I described in an earlier thread. I have an extended warrenty which I informed them of when I dropped it off. So I get a call the next day saying they found that the front differential fluid was extremley low and dirty so they replaced it and now the car is fine I asked how the fluid could be low was there a leak? they said no leak and they were not sure where all of the fluid went. When I picked the car up I was not so sure about thier findings and was even more suspicious when the manager said pick the car up but it might need a front differential in the near future I asked him what about the $250 you charged me to change the fluid that is not covered under warrenty he said we will deduct that if it needs a differential and you will be refunded that amount if and when it does need it. Well guess what the noise was still there when I picked it up. I called the stealer and he said bring it back and we will take care of it. So I brought it in and called the warrenty company I have a $100 deductible so stupid me thought that is all I would be responsible for right? well not according to Porshe. The bill is for almost $3500 the warrenty company is paying $2460 they say Porshe is billing for 5 hours the book says 4 hours so that is what they will pay and that Porsche wants to do alot of things that are not listed as per the manual like a wheel alignment for $375 which I just had done a couple of months ago at a local shop for $80 and they will not cover it when I call the Stealer they say they go by thier book and will not even accept payment form the company I have to pay and get reimbursed they do not accept aftermarket warrenties why did they not say this when I dropped it off? He said whats the big deal put it on your credit card and they will reimburse you first of all they will reimburse me $2400 not $3500 and if I do not get reimbursed by the time the bill is due how do I pay it? To make matters worse I asked the dealer about the original $250 and if he would deduct it as he said and he told me "not to put words in his mouth" that it cannot be deducted as they performed the work. He was so rude I could not believe anyone in the service industry would treat someone this way the car has been there for 2 weeks and not one phone call from him to explain anything I had to call him to get any info on top of that he would not even give me a loaner I had to rent a car ( which the warrenty company agreed to pay for ) how can you deny a loaner on a $3500 dollar repair I bring my bosses Mercedes in for an inspection and they give me a loaner and that car is not even mine and purchased in a different state from a different dealer. Well lesson learned I will never bring Cayenne or 911 to a Porsche dealer again just a bunch of lying dishonest thieves that are all about the bottom line and not customer satisfaction. The warrenty company is actually being very helpful he said he does not understand the problem he never had anyone that he could not reack an agreement with as to cost and that would not let them pay the bill direct with a corporate credit card he told me I should pick the car up and go somewhere else to late they started the work. Well thanks for letting me vent just had to tell someone.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:09 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

kindly post the dealer name so others can avoid them.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:11 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Easily Confused

I've heard this treatment is very common in the NY area. Please advise the dealer name so others can avoid them.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:48 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Update on my fustration I took the car in on Nov. 10 said he had parts on order and they would be in on the 12th and the job as stated before was a 5 hour job well guess what as of today Nov. 29 I still do not have my car back and repairs have not even begun when I call the service number I get voice mail and no call backs. He has not once called me to update the status I have to call them if I want any info. Maybe Porsche of NA would like to hear the way thier dealers treat customers. I have owned Porches since the early 80s but had very limited dealer contact so much for brand loyalty when I bring my Jeep in for service I am treated like they give a damn I guess the more you pay the less they care. I do not want to release the dealers name just yet as I fear they will read about this and keep my car another month but stay tuned you never know when such info will appear.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Porsche NA for a week then get an attorney.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:18 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
Porsche NA for a week then get an attorney.
Have you ever dealed with Porsche NA.................they are a complete joke!!
The people who answer your phone calls are so well coached to shut you down or piss you off it isn't even worth it. If you go after Porsche you may need a second mortgage to cover your legal bills, they thrive on fighting people in court and they are good at it.

To the OP, IMO, it's up to the mech if he wants to help you or not. I had a good mech here in Boulder 2 years ago that took care of a lot of issues when our Cayenne was well out of warranty and Porsche covered it.

Find a good indipendently owend shop who will accept your warranty and move on. See how much our host wants for the diff or try a bunch of other places that sell the diffs for cheaper and maybe save $1k.
Why not call another dealer and see if they accept your aftermarket warranty?

Keep us informed and good luck!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

An alignment is not by the book? You have to drop the front subframe, which the front suspension is mounted to, to remove the front differential. Your warranty company does not know what it's talking about.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:28 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I wasn't trying to imply that seeking action against Porsche NA was the route to take. Rather, I think that it may be worth talking to them before enlsiting an attorney to contact the dealership.

Obviously the OP is getting poor service. Frequently, folks don't take you seriously until you push things further. IMO, a careful examination of any documents signed should be the first step. If you have signed your recourse away, you could be hosed. If not, pointing this out to the dealership and telling them you'll take it to the next step may be enough to get some cooperation...if not call an attorney while standing there in front of them. Of course, attorney fees can be outrageously expensive.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
OK update from the last update picked up the car last Wed. and it was a total 180 I was very patient from the start and did not get loud or obnoxious when calling so guess that helped. I went to the dealer to pick up the car and pay my bill and to my surprise the service mgr. said he called the warrenty company and they paid the bill directly to him and that he was only billing for 4 hours and I was only responsible for my $100 deductible putput6 you are absolutely right the car does need to be alligned it is pulling to the right but as I said I can have that done locally for $80 as the warrenty refuses to pay. But guess what it is still making the same noise I went back to Porsche and let the mechanic hear it so the service mgr. said we are very sorry for the trouble we are going to fix it and give you a loaner this time. I asked about the warrenty and he said he will handle everything not to worry about it. So I guess he made up for the poor service in the beginning but as I said in the first place I did not believe it was the differential to start with so stay tuned it is going back in on Friday and maybe the 3rd times a charm.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:08 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I have a vent for this thread about stealerships - A couple months back while visiting friends in Florida my wife found a beautiful 2006 Cayenne Turbo with the power kit option for sale at a Caddy dealership. We bought the car and had it brought to a Maryland Porsche dealership (where we live) to have it state inspected and to change the oil since we're not sure the last time it was changed.

Anyhow, for those that choose to have a Porsche dealership change their oil (something I doubt I'll ever do again), how much does the dealership charge? Am I crazy to think $300 is outlandish?!?

And I don't even want to tell you how much the dealership charged for a state inspection, which is available at almost any gas station in Maryland with a garage for $70-80 bucks, but let's just say I can't imagine how their inspection was 2.5 times better than your corner service station...
Old 12-05-2010, 04:03 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to SCOTITUDE
the $350 dealership oil service is most common but I dont know how they justify it. id love to see the receipt with the work listed. Thats why the p!g went to dealer for warranty work and the indy for everything else.
1980 911SC #99 track car
2001 BMW 330Ci Vert
2013 Ford F150 Supercrew
2014 MB C300 Sport wifey DD
2008 Unmarked Crown Vic "company car"
Old 12-05-2010, 06:52 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
That is why I did not let them do the alignment $350 for something that any decent tire shop will do for $80 how do they justify that
Old 12-06-2010, 05:17 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Update after update got the car back still have the same noise went back to dealer this time they were very apologetic and gave me a loaner car they have had the car for about a month this time and they think maybe it is the transfer case. I will have to wait and see what the final outcome is but I think they have redeemed themselves as far as customer service goes they have been very helpful and nice since the initial dust up I hope they find the problem and I get it back soon.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:52 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Iíve been following this thread OP and I feel bad for you. Hope you finally get your car back soon. Nobody deserves this kind frustration L
Old 01-18-2011, 01:17 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Old 01-18-2011, 01:17 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: