Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Cayenne

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Angry Oil Filter for Cayenne T and Cayenne S

OK, I just purchased and received the MAHLE OX 128/1D oil filters from Pelicans for the above listed Trucks. Is this the correct part for them. I haven't been under and investigated yet, my 914-6 has one 4 times the size. I can't believe this is what is used to recirculate 8.5 qts of oil. This is appalling and my four wheeler has one the half the size. Single cylinder.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:02 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Information Junky

Yeah, they seem small by comparison, but I expect that the Porsche engine engineers know what they're doing. That is oils are MUCH better than in 1977 and (from what I understand) the filtering process mindset has changed. ...something like the filter is bit more like a strainer (just in case) rather than something trying to capture all of the really really small stuff. (that isn't going to happen anyway)
Old 06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll need to change my mindset. I just thought it was pathetically small.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:55 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
OK, I finally got around to the oil change and found out that the dealer was using the exact same filter and charging for the Porsche filter. Kind of -----------. I do have the evidence. Gebhardt of Boulder

Mark
Old 07-06-2012, 05:07 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 914-6Porsche View Post
OK, I just purchased and received the MAHLE OX 128/1D oil filters from Pelicans for the above listed Trucks. Is this the correct part for them. I haven't been under and investigated yet, my 914-6 has one 4 times the size. I can't believe this is what is used to recirculate 8.5 qts of oil. This is appalling and my four wheeler has one the half the size. Single cylinder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 914-6Porsche View Post
OK, I finally got around to the oil change and found out that the dealer was using the exact same filter and charging for the Porsche filter. Kind of -----------. I do have the evidence. Gebhardt of Boulder

Mark
Beyond oil technology being better than when the 914/6 was current, Cayenne is water vs air-cooled so that may have something to do with the filter being so much smaller.

Regardless to the why's... I'd rather have a large filter.

Several years ago on a Toyota MR-2 the large filters were phased out... Call me stupid but I bought up as many of the big ones as I could find.

(Looking at "new" filter you'd think it for for a lawntractor... It was a "dinky" little thing...
Heck I take that back- We have a 16-18?hp lawntractor which has a BIGGER filter)

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 07-25-2012 at 01:34 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: