Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Cayenne

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I think there is a huge oversight here. The Cayenne isnt made to appeal to us. Its made to appeal to them. Them being people who like suv's. I own a suburban I bought it used, with four kids it fits the bill. Heck, I wouldnt say to myself I'm getting out of the 993 and into Cayenne. However, I might say I'm getting out of the suburban and into a used Cayenne. Why not?
Old 07-25-2002, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Wayne, a bit of clarification please?

Oh, The other thing I'm wondering is: Is PCA going to allow these things to run at track events?
Old 07-25-2002, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Just finished reading a Goldman Sachs report on Porsche. The company seems to be depending on Cayenne to raise its profit margins. Estimates for 2002/2003:
20,000 996 models with 15% profit margin
4000 996 Turbo and GT2/3 with 27% margin
25,000 Boxsters with 5% margin
15,000 Cayenne with 10% margin
They expect 12% margins (on 25,000 sales) on Cayenne by 2003/4, but others to stay the same.

US inventories have been climbing since summer of 2000 (<500 in July 2000, 3200 in November 2001).
Market vaulation of Porsche stock assumes Cayenne will be a success.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Super Jenius

Send a message via AIM to Overpaid Slacker
I was going to make a crack to the effect that now that Gray Davis is seized of an infrastructural and energy issue, it's all but solved, and go on to offer my condolences to our Left Coast bretheren. But CA's fuzzyheadedness may bite us all...

For anyone who wants an articulate political (read: "anti") opinion on the new CA legislation, I offer the following National Review editorial. It's National Review, guys, so if that's not the way you swing, you don't have to go there. Clicking that link is an option.

One interesting statistic buried in that editorial/article/polemic is that light trucks (the category into which most SUVs fall) out sell passenger cars in 36 of the 50 states. Doesn't look like the SUV bubble has burst quite yet...

- jPp
2003 SuperCharged Frontier ../.. 1979 930 ../.. 1989 BMW 325iX ../.. 1988 BMW M5 ../.. 1973 BMW 2002 ../..1969 Alfa Boattail Spyder ../.. 1961 Morris Mini Cooper ../..2002 Aprilia RSV Mille ../.. 1985 Moto Guzzi LMIII cafe ../.. 2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750

Last edited by Overpaid Slacker; 07-25-2002 at 02:53 PM..
Old 07-25-2002, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Go Gators!

Garage
The Cayenne will sell because of the badge AND (more importantly) the parent company's engineering reputation. This thing should be "best in class" or close to it since it has arrived on the market so late. Yeah, it's funny looking in the early pix and not the biggest SUV out there, but it will be an outstanding vehicle.
I've got to wait for the pickup version, though........
Old 07-25-2002, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Just gimme one of those brand new Range Rovers that just came out. That's my pick in the "totally impractical, who really needs it" catagory. Ohmygod those things are nice. Just sick/nice.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Jas
I think the Cayenne sales will be decent, I even have a friend's father who hasn't bought a car in 5 years waiting for the "Porsche SUV" to be his next one.

I can definitely see it selling in a place like Vancouver where it seems that Ford Explorers and the like don't seem to cut it as much, everyone has a Mercedes or BMW SUV.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by speeder
Just gimme one of those brand new Range Rovers that just came out. That's my pick in the "totally impractical, who really needs it" catagory. Ohmygod those things are nice. Just sick/nice.
Expensive yes, impractical.... The new RR is the most capable SUV on the market. Its got a long and storied history of off-road success and if initial tests are accurate will outperform everything else on the road AND in the dirt. Unless you're driving in a boulder field with a bunch of Jeep Wrangler/CJs or Suzuki Sami's nobody going to challenge you with a stock vehicle. That includes the Hummer.

Would I buy one, if I had the cash definitely. Do I have the cash, No. But we do have a Land Rover Discovery and I could go on and on about what a great truck that thing is.

David
Old 07-26-2002, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: