Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Cayenne

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Go Speedracer, go!

why couldn't Cayenne be more like this?

This it the Lamborghini LM002 suv that was made a while ago. I had the opportunity to see one of these things where I bought my 88 911. It was MUCH bigger than the picture makes it look. And with a 5.2 V12 making 450 HP!

Looks more like a hummer than a Lamborghini, but still looks better than the Cayenne. Heres a link for some info on the LM002 if anyone is interested: http://formen.ign.com/news/9829.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lm0021.jpg (23.1 KB, 500 views)

Last edited by SpeedracerIndy; 08-31-2002 at 07:49 AM..
Old 08-31-2002, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I don't know man....I gotta disagree with you on this one. The Cayenne ain't pretty but that Lambo is butt ugly.
89 Carrera 3.6 V-ram #94
Livin' for Targa time!

Want to make God laugh?
Tell him your plans!
Old 08-31-2002, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The Cayenne looks like a non-descript grocery getter wagon or minivan.

The Lambo (for street use) looks like a truck for men with small pee-pees.

Pick your poison.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
SCWDP President

Ditto.
Lambo=Ugly

But it just goes to show how different folks see things....
My neighbor came over with a car mag last night. He shows me article on the Cayenne (as if I've never heard of it), and is so taken by it, he's put his name in the order book!

I say: "Good job Randy. You are helping fund the racing dept. of my favorite car company."
Old 08-31-2002, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Zielke
Ditto.
Lambo=Ugly

But it just goes to show how different folks see things....
My neighbor came over with a car mag last night. He shows me article on the Cayenne (as if I've never heard of it), and is so taken by it, he's put his name in the order book!

I say: "Good job Randy. You are helping fund the racing dept. of my favorite car company."
My neighbor once came over with a brochure for Dodge Grand Caravan. He was so taken by it, he bought one the next day. (True story). What's the point??
Old 08-31-2002, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
OK let's all step back for a minute and think. If for some reason you HAD to have a truck or SUV wouldn't you rather have one with a TT V8 and 450hp? As much as we all hate them SUV's are practical vehicles for many people, particularily sporting families that go camping/boating/fishing etc. towing their boat or camper behind them. How about people living in the rural areas where streets don't always get plowed in the winter? I myself have a vehicle that is practical only for the purpose for which I bought it, a Ford Shortbed pickup with a bigblock engine while being excellent at towing my racecar to the track it's a gas-hog for daily driving with too small a bed to easily haul home improvement supplies and wintertime traction is well nonexistant. This has me in the market for a F250 extended cab longbed 4x4 with a diesel engine. I really have to admit that Porsche seems to have built a very sophisticated SUV with top notch performance, if I was in the SUV market the Cayenne would be at the top of the list even though it's way out of my price range.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
We would "all" like a Hummer,,,,,,,
Old 08-31-2002, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
what? me worry?

I think Porsche missed the crest of the SUV wave big time..... however I am sure the cayenne is a wonderful exercise in engineering and product design as we all expect. The styling of the H2? its easy the H2 is a box.. many of the SUV's just have smoothed edges incorporated into the BOX shape. Dodge really broke the mold when they introduced that retro type look a few years ago.

I drive an SUV every day..my Porsche is reserved for the track. You would need one set of serious iron clad kidneys to drive my Porsche for any length of time on the street
Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno
Old 08-31-2002, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by A Quiet Boom
OK let's all step back for a minute and think. If for some reason you HAD to have a truck or SUV wouldn't you rather have one with a TT V8 and 450hp?
No. Absolutely not.

If I HAD to have a truck or SUV, it would be an appliance, and I'd want it to be as cheap as possible to maintain, insure and operate while I was hauling dirt or whatever it is that made it so that I HAD to have a truck or SUV.

I'd also prefer that my truck had a manly-man name, instead of a G-A-Y name like "Cayenne."
Old 08-31-2002, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: