Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Cayenne

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
New 09 Cayenne S owner

I replaced my old beaten daily driver today. I picked up an '09 S with 120,000 miles. Price and timing were right for me. It is in excellent condition. Everything is clean and well cared for. I can see getting many years of service from this machine. Some thoughts:

The proximity sensors annoy the hell out of me! Owner's manual says the dealership can adjust it (the volume). Can I make the adjustment if I get the Porsche diagnostic computer? I have a Boxster as well, so I could justify a couple hundred bucks if it helps with both cars.

Damn fine placement of the panic button on the fob! (Not) I've bumped it a few times already.

Outside of normal service, are there any recommendations for things to watch for? Like I said, it's in tip-top condition. But who knows what lurks out there.

Outside of cursing the stereo and the prox sensors, I can't gripe. It's so awesome to have a powerful daily with good handling...and looks to boot!
Old 11-04-2017, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Hi and congrats! I picked up a 2010 GTS last year and I love it...especially for a dd! You may want to get a key cover/case for the fob to avoid the panic button. Your nieghbors will thank you too
Old 11-05-2017, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbus View Post
Hi and congrats! I picked up a 2010 GTS last year and I love it...especially for a dd! You may want to get a key cover/case for the fob to avoid the panic button. Your nieghbors will thank you too
Thanks, I'll have to look into a new fob case.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Congrats.

Best vehicle I have ever owned by far and now 185,000 miles. The drive shafts go on these vehicles but you can buy rebuilt units from Vertex in FL, they also offer a box that sits over shaft but I prefer the rebuilt unit. This has happened to me twice.

The brakes and tires go quickly as the Cayenne is a super heavy vehicle obviously.

I also had a cracked cam shaft that revved engine idle up and down but my mechanic was able to fix for less than $1,000 and the AC/heater blower went on me but generally an easy car to maintain.

Regards, Matt

68 911 Sunroof Coupe - Sold
89 911 25th Anniversary Model Coupe
Old 11-08-2017, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf65 View Post
Congrats.

Best vehicle I have ever owned by far and now 185,000 miles. The drive shafts go on these vehicles but you can buy rebuilt units from Vertex in FL, they also offer a box that sits over shaft but I prefer the rebuilt unit. This has happened to me twice.

The brakes and tires go quickly as the Cayenne is a super heavy vehicle obviously.

I also had a cracked cam shaft that revved engine idle up and down but my mechanic was able to fix for less than $1,000 and the AC/heater blower went on me but generally an easy car to maintain.

Regards, Matt

Thanks for the heads up on those items. I do my own maintenance, so it's good to know what to watch for. If working on it is half as easy as my Boxster, I'll be a happy guy. I already have brakes on my project list for when that time comes, but they are still in good shape. I REALLY like this car. It's a great daily driver.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: