Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Engine Conversion Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Custom Fitted

Garage
Dude there's a porsche in your weeds!!!

So, I was talking to a co-worker/ friend of mine mentioned I wanted to one day buy a 911 with no engine and build a project, he immediatly pointed me to another co-worker who has ALOT of porsche projects and porsches, he said he had a 911 targa and I bought it a month later..... I bought a bare targa shell any way

So I just bought another porsche today (a 912) but its just really a donor for the glass, door frames and the roof clip as Im not too sold on the removable roof race car

I'm planning on buying my materials for my 6 point cage in the next couple days I'm also planning on installing an engine I have as parts currently, its a custon EJ257 Subaru Block, with EJ20 Heads on a porsche tans axle I am yet to buy, I have a lot of work to do before I get there tho

Ive just stripped my front end down, I have more work to do in the interior and, engine bay, dash area nevermind having to pull all my 912 glass in the cold (its about 0 degrees here right now and the 912 is outside).....if you cant tell by my posting, the cold beat me
Old 01-21-2012, 02:00 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Good luck, keep us posted.
Its always nice to see these car restored and back on the road.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:59 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Pure Awesomeness

Garage
how the hell does this kind of stuff even happen?!?!?!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage
So I bought a pre bend cage yesterday from Rothsport Racing did my roof clip on the 912 last weekend which was a ton of fun, knowing that the car I was cutting up is better serving the world this way helps but cutting up a Porsche I would compare with buying one... it gets a special place in my heart...
[I'mg]http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads20/912cut1328054606.jpg[/I'mg]

I'm wicked stoked things are still moving along steadily, I might have a line on a transmission, I'm talking to media blasting people this week trying to find some local and cost effective places, my car really needs it (battery box, 2 1/2 paint jobs, steel turbo flares, crusty engine bay....and I'm too lazy to chip out 30 yr old seam sealer) and if I buy this transmission I may get my Kennedy adapter plate coming soon too regardless its all progress
Old 01-31-2012, 03:14 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage
So I bought a pre bend cage yesterday from Rothsport Racing did my roof clip on the 912 last weekend which was a ton of fun, knowing that the car I was cutting up is better serving the world this way helps but cutting up a Porsche I would compare with buying one... it gets a special place in my heart...

I'm wicked stoked things are still moving along steadily, I might have a line on a transmission, I'm talking to media blasting people this week trying to find some local and cost effective places, my car really needs it (battery box, 2 1/2 paint jobs, steel turbo flares, crusty engine bay....and I'm too lazy to chip out 30 yr old seam sealer) and if I buy this transmission I may get my Kennedy adapter plate coming soon too regardless its all progress
Old 01-31-2012, 03:15 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage
bought my radiator/ fuel tank last night from a fellow pelican, I'm so stoked it seems to be coming together so much faster than I had thought it would,

next on the docket I guess is gonna be my transmission situation....its so hard to decide how much power is too much I've already made the call that Im doing coil overs all the way around, and with the possibility of 400-500 whp its hard not to wanna modify the torque tube for the mount and slam a g50 in to it and never have to worry again, although someone keeps telling me a 915 trans with a quaife is gonna take the power I just need to find the right trans close to me.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:08 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!
Custom Fitted

Garage
well, foreward progress is slow but, I think im trying to nail down my chassis date to late august....maybe later but I'd like to have atleast my roller ready for paint by then, I just got 993 calipers traded in, along with a dash from another pelican, and bought my boxed rockers (steel) once again from another pelican so now in a few weeks I plan on ordering a TRE 934 air front bumper, and a TRE 964 rear bmuper..... so im gonna really try to have the body done by this fall so this next winter I can sit inside and finish all of the wiring and such, and spring 2013 have the first 500 whp subaru powered 911, but for now atleast im collecting more and more parts everyday.....
Old 02-27-2012, 07:43 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to crimson ghost Send a message via MSN to crimson ghost
Where are you planning to put the radiator ?
Old 03-23-2012, 01:15 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage
the radiator goes up front.... that part is pretty simple, its getting everything else together thats difficult, I spent a bit this past weekend fitting my 912 roof so I can start fitting the cage, I was shocked at how much the seem sealer weighed when I finished removing that and the tar mats that and the fact it was 1/2" thick in places... regardless its coming together probly a few more sessions like last weekend and the chassis will atleast be sorted out

Side note the boxed rockers I bought off of "Zstuff" were junk, had to paypal dispute to get my money back.... so if anyone that reads this is gonna do business with him make sure what he has isnt a cheap knock off that won't fit, as he was an ok dude to do business with other than all but refusing that he sent me junk which if not done purposely astounds me that he didnt notice while wrapping them up....
Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage

Old 03-29-2012, 10:03 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtakenname View Post
Good luck, keep us posted.
Its always nice to see these car restored and back on the road.
you are bull ****, it is broken, but I like red car!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyxue View Post
you are bull ****, it is broken, but I like red car!
meh its not really too broken..... couple more cage work sessions and I'll post more pics its just mad ugly at the moment.... I had to build my brother-in-law a turbo civic for around a month so I got a little off momentum but I am about to be putting in the long nights getting it together hopefully in the spring it'll be done...
Old 06-03-2012, 07:09 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage
still not done... but I have lots of progress, and a few questions about what others have done regarding the frontend and if I could get away with clipping the whole front out and reconstructing it with DOM and some .090" flat stock.... but its coming along, pics in a few days I hope
Old 03-17-2013, 09:09 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage

So my cage is almost done finally, the bumper is with the car, and now I'm hunting a transmission and I've got some momentum at this point so maybe spring 2014 if all goes well
Old 06-29-2013, 11:01 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage
Woohoo just scored a good 915 trans, now to buy wevo parts including a side cover, and a bearing retainer plate
Old 07-13-2013, 05:22 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage

Adapter for Honda k24 to Porsche 915, and yes I was going to run a ej257 but it turns out floods cost me lots of money and caused my block to rust the mains and the cylinder walls so another engine setup I had at the shop is a k20/24 Franken engine, its all coming together slowly tho.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:23 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
non-whiner

The fact that you resurrected two goners and combined them into one surviver gets you huge points and earns you the name Dr. Frankenstein. Great job!

It's almost alive!!!
1974 Porsche 911 RSR IROC clone
Beck 904/6 under construction
Old 08-31-2013, 05:51 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage

I did the first fit tonight, motor mounts tomorrow hopefully, the adapter fit great, dowel pins and centering ring are perfect, Kennedy makes great stuff,

And thanks mreid a lot of Porsche guys sh@ talk me about it, especially as I never even remotely considered keeping it all Porsche, another local guy that works up at rennline did the same shell idea and kept his porshe, he gets magazine coverage, but its way too nice for me , I want a race car (too low, too stiff, too powerful, not perfect body wise yet desirable so I want to drive it a lot) really its still cheaper than if I bought an nsx or a 993 turbo both of which mine should way out run just on power to weight. It's kinda funny you called me Dr Frankenstein considering my engine is a very frankensteined Honda k20a2 rsx type s head, on a k24a4 block from an accord, going in a 79 Targa with added 930 flares, and a 68 912 roof guess my inability to throw things away factors in there too...
Old 09-02-2013, 11:39 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
interesting
1977 911s 74 rsr look turbo 1977 930 engine sc cams DFL, Combustion chamber coatings 915.61 trans garret gt30r .82 a/r obx headers andial intercooler WMI system MSD6al two carrera coolers 1bar spring Magnaflow muffler.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:23 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Custom Fitted

Garage

Modded my s2k intake manifold, and although not welded yet (ran out of mig wire) the rear bar is made and the plates are on the shock towers, still haven't made any motor mounts, its kinda turned into more of a brainstorming session for those as I want to be able to remove them while in car for service work but I want urethane all but solid pieces.... So we'll see what I make tomorrow
Old 09-18-2013, 12:45 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)
Old 09-18-2013, 12:45 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: