Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Engine Conversion Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

so i decided to freshen up the motor, lucky i did as the heads were ****ed, i got a set of 241s that look in great shape. all I need now is a rear hump sump. Any one got one??????

almost back together I just need to adjust the hood, fit the fender flares and fuel door.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

cooling system is finished and crade is all finished and off to the powder coaters.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Nice. What modifications did you have to do to get the radiator to fit up front like that?
Old 05-14-2018, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Think factory RSR oil cooler recess just bigger
Old 05-14-2018, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRPJ View Post
cooling system is finished and crade is all finished and off to the powder coaters.

How low is your car,. Im planning on running a canton road race s13 pan that is front sump like your (i assume) GTO pan,. And that picture has me worried for ground clearance.
-
Old 05-15-2018, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
MrRPJ I dig the cooling set up. Which Jeep radiator & type of piping are you using? Did you happen to weigh the pipe?
Old 05-15-2018, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFla7Nose View Post
How low is your car,. Im planning on running a canton road race s13 pan that is front sump like your (i assume) GTO pan,. And that picture has me worried for ground clearance.
right now in that pic the sump is 140mm from the ground but im changing to a rear hump sump as my cradle doubles up as a bash plate

All up the pipe work was about 4kg I just brought straight lengths and bent them with a mates bender.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utbeamer View Post
MrRPJ I dig the cooling set up. Which Jeep radiator & type of piping are you using? Did you happen to weigh the pipe?

The rad is from an 87 jeep
Old 05-15-2018, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
right now in that pic the sump is 140mm from the ground but im changing to a rear hump sump as my cradle doubles up as a bash plate

All up the pipe work was about 4kg I just brought straight lengths and bent them with a mates bender.
oh wow thats way more than it looks yeah, my main reason for wanting to run this pan is i doubt the effectiveness of a stock F body pan for oil control with the engine backwards, whereas this RR pan has oil control baffles for all directions. I was thinking of doing something along the line of these, but for the rear

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/grn-350222?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-granatelli-motor-sports&gclid=CjwKCAjwiurXBRAnEiwAk2GFZhDU1TZqiAUuWrSnCULi q9qT8Tbm-Dpk9GgK-F7PvrSmDWwSZxTKARoCQhgQAvD_BwE
basically just a small, nylon, high durometer wheel for when the cradle contacts the ground to provide a rolling surface to prevent damage
-
Old 05-15-2018, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Think factory RSR oil cooler recess just bigger
Interesting. When I tried testing out a radiator in the same location on my 964, even a the small 3rd center radiator on the 996s/boxsters weren't able to fit in that area with the bumper cover on.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

I love this build. Can you post some detail photos of your rsr cut out. I've been stuck at the cooling stage of my build for awhile. I actually tried the oem Cherokee radiator but felt it was too big. I was considering welding 2 yamaha rhino radiatoms together. Any pics will be greatly appreciated. I'd also like to know how you avoidea crimping the AL tube. Thanks
Old 05-16-2018, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
Interesting. When I tried testing out a radiator in the same location on my 964, even a the small 3rd center radiator on the 996s/boxsters weren't able to fit in that area with the bumper cover on.
Thats the reason for the 993 kit. the 993 front bar has a lot of room behind it
Old 05-17-2018, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhardy252 View Post
I love this build. Can you post some detail photos of your rsr cut out. I've been stuck at the cooling stage of my build for awhile. I actually tried the oem Cherokee radiator but felt it was too big. I was considering welding 2 yamaha rhino radiatoms together. Any pics will be greatly appreciated. I'd also like to know how you avoidea crimping the AL tube. Thanks
Rhardy go back one page and I have photos of the recess
Old 05-17-2018, 11:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
Welding in shorts, that's awesome.

Welding in shorts is probably one of the most Australian things I've seen. You Ausies Rock man!

Quote:

shout out to the old man for helping out for the day

Old 05-30-2018, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

i brought a jeep radiator and the fit is perfect. it fits the front bar like it was made for it.

Funny thing is my brother is huge Jeep guy, and he suggested a Cherokee radiator also, that's sweet that it fits, and that it's big enough to cool that beast powerplant you've got in there.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Ok after a big weekend we have made some decent progress. I got the cradle back from powder coaters*

I started making my raised shifter box

I got the motor stripped down, rebearing the bottom end and fitted MLS gaskets throughout.

started reassembly

all finished and bolted up to the Subaru trans and fitted to the cradle

and its in took 25mins to install

Got the GT2 front flares fitted up

and all in

Old 06-06-2018, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
Administrator

That's looking good there! Getting closer and closer to finishing!

I spy an ARB bull bar... is that one for a Hilux?
Too many Miata's to count.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric at Pelican Parts View Post
That's looking good there! Getting closer and closer to finishing!

I spy an ARB bull bar... is that one for a Hilux?
Its actually for a Holden Rodeo but Hilux bullbars are super common here in Oz
Old 06-07-2018, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Old 06-20-2018, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)
Administrator

Looks like you're on the home stretch now!
Too many Miata's to count.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: