Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered User
 
specialtyoneinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: In Traffic
Posts: 1,259
OP there are 3 different 964 coupes on the Pelican classifieds...
Old 07-10-2018, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
fast eddie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 20
Garage
I have a beautiful 964 C4 with 72,000 miles on it
the car is great but I have to many cars
sport seats, red and tan interior....fantastic car. I bought it from a collector.
I would consider selling it for $60,000 firm
Ed 858 414-1301 in San Diego
muscated@gmail.com
Old 07-10-2018, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Outside of NYC, inside it during the work week
Posts: 1,429
Singer just built its 100th car.
Given the # of 964 produced Singer couldnít affect the supply and demand.
The appeal of the 964 is its quasi old school quasi modern and thenlines are smoother than the G cars.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Esel Mann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Trying to Escape from FLA
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Are you saying you may or may not sell it for $60K ?
Show up, perform your checks, agree to $60k, then both take a trip to the local bank branch. He brings car, title, bill of sale, you obtain cashier check in his presence, walla. Coin goes to him, car, title, bill of sale goes to you.

Show up, do otherwise, it's simply not worth his time/effort.

I've no affiliation or acquaintance with seller, just experience with buying/selling my personal vehicles.
__________________
'84 Carrera
Old 07-10-2018, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
fast eddie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 20
Garage
to clarify
Yes, I will sell my 91 964 C4 for $60,000
72,000 miles
Beautiful car with sports seats
Ed 858 414-1301
muscated@gmail.com
Old 07-11-2018, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: deep
Posts: 303
Garage
ďThe appeal of the 964 is its quasi old school quasi modern and thenlines are smoother than the G cars.Ē

Itís quasi allright. For me, the 964 is neither fish nor fowl. The Habsburg Jaw pretty much blows the aesthetics, but thereís no accounting for taste... including my own.

It isnít about the number of 964s that Singer has made beautiful... itís about the impact Singer has made on an emotion-rife market. Pick yer tulip & love it.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by drauz View Post
ďThe appeal of the 964 is its quasi old school quasi modern and thenlines are smoother than the G cars.Ē

Itís quasi allright. For me, the 964 is neither fish nor fowl. The Habsburg Jaw pretty much blows the aesthetics, but thereís no accounting for taste... including my own.

It isnít about the number of 964s that Singer has made beautiful... itís about the impact Singer has made on an emotion-rife market. Pick yer tulip & love it.
Couldn't agree more. Never came to warm up to my 964's styling for this reason. Always much preferred the look of the earlier 3.2s, SCs, and 2.7s...lighter looking styling, without the chunky looking front bumper and "boat" style look of the rear bumper. Singer eliminated both bumpers for a reason.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
That targa that was for sale last week I missed by 5 mins would have paid full price but it sold rite away
Old 09-10-2018, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Mike964_61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: South Tampa
Posts: 48
Garage
I will chime in. I bought my 1990 c2 two years ago. Even back before the 964 market was hot I still took a year to find the one I wanted. Guards red with black interior. Actually kind of tough to track down in descent shape. Most were made with tan interiors. Tan was a total turn off for me. Anyways the point is like the others said if you are patient and are ready to go at a moments notice you will find your car. My car was for sale for 5 hours when I bought two years ago. So needed to move fast on a clean and desirable 964 even back then. Best of luck with your search.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
specialtyoneinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: In Traffic
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutt911 View Post
That targa that was for sale last week I missed by 5 mins would have paid full price but it sold rite away
If it was this one it was underpriced. Probably went to reseller/flipper.

FS: 964 Targa '91 Triple Black
Old 09-11-2018, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunny, Carefree AZ
Posts: 561
964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
Couldn't agree more. Never came to warm up to my 964's styling for this reason. Always much preferred the look of the earlier 3.2s, SCs, and 2.7s...lighter looking styling, without the chunky looking front bumper and "boat" style look of the rear bumper. Singer eliminated both bumpers for a reason.
agree + Singer did change all the above + ++ more classic lines cudos to Singer
Old 09-12-2018, 12:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,188
Garage
The 964 coupe and targa are quite rare compared to the other air cooled 911's. All the info published is incorrect as everyone counted 60 cars too many per vin number MY etc for both US & ROW cars. Porsche clarified that in their classics book I believe second volume.

That makes roughly 5170 US spec coupes both C2/C4 tip and manual made and far less targas. These were the ugly duckling for a long time and so many were used and abused, crashed and parted out. Very few remain and finding a car without stories is not so easy and these are becoming pricey to maintain.

Singers are way overpriced for what they offer. It is all about the status with them and a well setup and modified 964 can easily give you the fun without the fluff for a fraction of the cost. Good luck finding them for less than MSRP unless you like a project.
__________________
Anthony PCA affiliate '77 member '83 '90 3.8 RS tribute, '93 964 C2, '93 928 GTS 5 speed, '94 Turbo 3.6, M '15 Boxster GTS18 Macan GTS
Gone worth mentioning '71 E '79 SC, '79 built to '74 3.0 RS tribute (2390 # 270 hp), '80 928 euro 5 speed, '74 2.0l 914, '89 944 S2,'04 Cayenne TT '14 boxster, '14 Cayenne GTS many others
Old 09-17-2018, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Mike964_61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: South Tampa
Posts: 48
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
The 964 coupe and targa are quite rare compared to the other air cooled 911's. All the info published is incorrect as everyone counted 60 cars too many per vin number MY etc for both US & ROW cars. Porsche clarified that in their classics book I believe second volume.

That makes roughly 5170 US spec coupes both C2/C4 tip and manual made and far less targas. These were the ugly duckling for a long time and so many were used and abused, crashed and parted out. Very few remain and finding a car without stories is not so easy and these are becoming pricey to maintain.

Singers are way overpriced for what they offer. It is all about the status with them and a well setup and modified 964 can easily give you the fun without the fluff for a fraction of the cost. Good luck finding them for less than MSRP unless you like a project.
Well said. I knew I saw those numbers somewhere thank you for posting. I couldn't remember exactly what they were so I didn't want to chime in with in accurate info. I am biased because I am in the camp that the 964 is the best blend of the old and the new if you get a c2. One of the reasons why that was one of my dream Porsches. If you can find a car that has never been wrecked and is clean and doesn't need work you are going to pay a $$$ now days. These are not unloved any longer. Like others have said Singer, RWB, and all the others that backdate from the 964 platform have made that overall number even smaller. Is it a lowered by a lot? No not at all but, what I think all of those coach builders/hot rodders have done is shine a light on the 964 chassis for all maybe non-Porsche folks and brought in a lot of new comers into the hobby. This is what I am seeing. Like said previously, a lot of tuners also what this model. So it has a wide birth of desire now and everyone knows the saying "supply and demand" sets the market. That's why I think they are all over the place but generally trending in the up and more expensive area.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
I don’t think singer currently are buying any cars, they have a big stash
Old 09-19-2018, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,826
Garage
Anyone missed this ?

Scam ebay seller Beware!
__________________
I can't afford that.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Anyone missed this ?

Scam ebay seller Beware!
What does your post have to do with this thread? You are quite a strange character I have noticed
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:27 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.