Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

68 912 Hot Rod valuation

Hello everyone,
as a follow-up to a previous thread, I have been able to take some more pictures of my 68 912. I have decided to proceed in the following way.
Ideally, I would like to sell the entire package.
Option 1: Car + FAT Type 4 2056 (in the car) + original motor (in perfect running condition as it was rebuilt by PO before selling to me)
Option 2: I would entertain selling the FAT motor alone if someone was interested. The motor is in the car and can be test driven. Once the FAT motor gone, I would then put the original motor back in and put up for sale.
What value would you guys put on:
A. The FAT motor, includes custom exhaust for a 911/912.
B. The 912 with original motor.
Of course, if I could sell the entire package, I would take less than A+B as it saves me time and effort.
Details about the car:
1. Original motor rebuilt to 1720cc by PO and running very strong when I bought it about 2-3 years ago.
2. FAT-built type 4 2056 dyno at 160hp. Currently in the car and running excellent.
3. 5-speed transmission rebuilt by Rancho Transaxles less than 1k miles. 5th gear swapped from X to Z for more relaxed freeway cruising. New clutch.
4. Rear suspension completely redone with Elephant rubber and Bilstein shocks.
5. Front suspension not done yet but car handles very well for now.
6. Front calipers (rebuilt) changed to BMW E21 with larger pad area and now running vented 911SC rotors. This is a common swap and is completely reversible (I have the original front calipers and rotors). Rear calipers are stock and rebuilt by PMB.
7. New larger size master cylinder (Patrick Motorsports). Pedal feel is a bit harder with a more "immediate" grab and easier to modulate (imo).
8. Seats are non-stock and non-matching (DS is Scheel, PS is Corbeau). I have the rear inside panels that need to be put back on.
9. Brand new Yokohama tires on 15x6 cookie cutters
10. Floor pans redone by PO. Some surface rust on front pan. Structurally solid jack points and torsion bar areas.
Probably forgot a few things but all in all, an excellent driving car with emphasis on driver status. This is not a show car as it has a multitude of small imperfections.
Attaching a few pictures for all to see.
Thanks for reading.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Old 07-05-2018, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: