Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 4-Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbfoto View Post
Actually There was no attempt to hide anything, obviously people will know this is a car that had been sold on BAT previously.
not really, and you and the seller are hoping NOT. someone here dug it up because this is a porsche market forum and it's what we do. ive got no dog in this fight, but the above statement in ludicrous.

regarding the ohhhh's and ahhhh's and exclamation points in the comment section is akin to the Jackie O fans here possibly. post one photo and all the fans chime in...
78SC PRC Spec911(sold 12/15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7I6HCCKrVQ
Old 07-09-2018, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

That's it.

On this auction.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
If you read the included documents it clearly states when and who built the engine. Simple math tells you how many miles have been done since then. If I remember correctly the first ad hadn't bothered to include the documentation.
One buys a car with the paperwork, but a good ad does not require one to go read it in the ad to figure things out. Its convoluted and circuitous.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-09-2018, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Sorry jsbfoto the ad was deceptively written.....

First.... my question was ignored, then the 964's history was minimized "As track use, it was not a race car, but just for fun at track days" finally after confronted with the previous auction........ 911R stated...... "As we answered the question asked, yes the car has been tracked, its what it was built for, clearly."

I call Bull*****.

AG & 911R have shown their character....... In my book, they now join the ranks of other infamous flippers....
Old 07-09-2018, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
Sorry jsbfoto the ad was deceptively written.....

I call Bull*****.

AG & 911R have shown their character....... In my book, they now join the ranks of other infamous flippers....
There you go. Nothing else needs to be said.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

I think what we are seeing played out here is a seller who's used to being the smartest guy in the room.

Last edited by BLACK3.2; 07-09-2018 at 05:49 PM..
Old 07-09-2018, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK3.2 View Post
I think what we are seeing played out here is a seller who's used to being the smartest guy in the room.
Or a very good photographer that shouldn't help write classified ads.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
@macroni Really a flipper? Come by and see our inventory and operation sometime, we are certainly no flippers. Seriously, come pay us a visit, I think you would be surprised.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
@macroni Really a flipper? ..........I think you would be surprised.
In my opinion; a professional doesn't use deceit..... a reputation is too valuable.... a flipper its another story....... 911R should have answered the question in a clear and honest voice when asked..... the first time.

No, I wouldn't be surprised ...... I follow the cars you have sold here and on BaT. The discussed 964 is very nice. My type of ride.......
Old 07-09-2018, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
gearhead

I reached out to Greg. While the seller may have some great inventory they've really missed the boat on describing this one. Greg and former owner Ted Anthony built this car together. For those who don't know Greg, we was Alex Job's race engineer for the last 20 years, in addition to 5 scca titles as a driver earlier in his career. He builds no joke racecars set up to win. I'm just floored with the history and provenance this car is so poorly described.

Hopefully smart bidders will do their own homework and figure out what an excellent vehicle this is because the seller and their stack of receipts really dropped the ball. Yes, it used to have a big old factory 3.8RS rear wing on it. Gearbox is a factory 4.0 RSR/Cup final drive(8:32 ring and pinion, not "steering rack" as the ad states) with one of my lsds in it. This car is tits. Someone is gonna get a wicked little toy.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
^^^ Ha! You just used "Tits" to describe this car. That was popular in what; 1982??
Old 07-09-2018, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
I'm just floored with the history and provenance this car is so poorly described...because the seller and their stack of receipts really dropped the ball.
Not surprised at all. Problem is during the past 5 years of air-cooled-coolness the entire world has gotten in on the game and believe that 1) All it takes are arty photographs of a car in an industrial/Banksy/railroad lot replete with grafitti to make all the money (and not tell the story of the car - whether it's good or bad, and 2) People who really don't know much other than applying graphics, decals, using detailing techniques for presentation, etc go so very very over-the-top with this that they miss important details, and most importantly miss the point of a car - and again, it maybe good or bad depending. On this car I believe it's a mixture of both the good and the bad.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Quote:
they've really missed the boat on describing this one...... Someone is gonna get a wicked little toy.

Matt more than missed the boat..... I would love to see the peanut galleries comments if Lux responded like 911R. He was deceitful......

And yes what a great car.....
Old 07-10-2018, 04:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
I'm here all week. Please tip your waitstaff.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-10-2018, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
“Harrumph harrumph harrumph.”

One occasionally has to wade through a little ad BS to score a good car. For street duty in my track car (Motons, Fikses, Guard, Hoosiers, etc) I’d run 7s and 8s with P4000s. Worked great—tall sidewalls softened it up plus gave more roll prior to breakaway, also raised the ride height for curbs and such. Dinky contact patch meant slides at low speeds to work on car control without going a million miles per.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm here all week. Please tip your waitstaff.
What, are you declaring the Matt Monson Residency on Pelican?
Old 07-10-2018, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Take care of the waitstaff and they will take care of you. Wink
Old 07-10-2018, 01:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
From the bandstand:

“We had a request earlier but the guitar wouldn’t fit.”
Old 07-10-2018, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

You guys are a bunch angry old men who drive 924s. Not me but you guys!

Old 07-10-2018, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Tcb305 is funny.
I don't like what you said; So I'm going to call you names and make factless accusations about you and your cars. So take that you Grumpy Old Bastages!

Wow, I do feel special now.

You Post deleting MF'er Matt!!!!
Old 07-10-2018, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: