Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I don't see what's the problem with the ad. If you're interested in the car you would do your due diligence. Including looking up the Vin. It's obvious that the car has been built as a track focused car. Since the seller does not indicate the car has "never" been tracked it is safe to assume it has. One can contact the seller and request or ask any information he or she chooses. Unfortunately many are lazy and want everything handed to them. The car is not for everyone but it may make someone very happy. It does have some good money thrown at it. A ppi is a must if your not 100% comfortable. BAT does a decent job but they are not perfect...once again DUE DILIGENCE is the key!
Old 07-10-2018, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
I don't see what's the problem with the ad. If you're interested in the car you would do your due diligence. Including looking up the Vin. It's obvious that the car has been built as a track focused car. Since the seller does not indicate the car has "never" been tracked it is safe to assume it has. One can contact the seller and request or ask any information he or she chooses. Unfortunately many are lazy and want everything handed to them. The car is not for everyone but it may make someone very happy. It does have some good money thrown at it. A ppi is a must if your not 100% comfortable. BAT does a decent job but they are not perfect...once again DUE DILIGENCE is the key!
Do BaT buyerís typically do PPIís after winning the auction but before closing? That sure seems to be too much risk for the seller by that point, cause itís not like BaT is going to just let them relist it, nor would it even get the same attention if so. This would surprise me if the winning bidders are doing this, and if the sellers allow it after the auction ends.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
Do BaT buyerís typically do PPIís after winning the auction but before closing? That sure seems to be too much risk for the seller by that point, cause itís not like BaT is going to just let them relist it, nor would it even get the same attention if so. This would surprise me if the winning bidders are doing this, and if the sellers allow it after the auction ends.
Typically no but it can be done before the auction ends. On a rare occasion I can't see why it can't be done with some understanding between the seller and the buyer. In example: if a potential buyer stresses that he would like a compression and leak down test to verify the motor is healthy(before money changes hands), the seller might agree because he knows there is nothing wrong with the car. The rest of the items on the ppi may be awash (as long as they are minor). A seller can also have a compression and leak down test prior to listing a car...the more service records you have and tests performed the better outcome you may have(as a seller). Nothing is written in stone with a BAT ad...except the 5% you have to pay them if you win the auction
Old 07-10-2018, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Typically no but it can be done before the auction ends. On a rare occasion I can't see why it can't be done with some understanding between the seller and the buyer. In example: if a potential buyer stresses that he would like a compression and leak down test to verify the motor is healthy(before money changes hands), the seller might agree because he knows there is nothing wrong with the car. The rest of the items on the ppi may be awash (as long as they are minor). A seller can also have a compression and leak down test prior to listing a car...the more service records you have and tests performed the better outcome you may have(as a seller). Nothing is written in stone with a BAT ad...except the 5% you have to pay them if you win the auction
Understood. That would really be annoying to pay for a PPI after winning the auction and paying the 5%, then walk away from it. I guess thatís just as bad on the buyer as the seller at that point.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
You guys are a bunch angry old men who drive 924s. Not me but you guys!

Hilarious. Actually I did drive a 924 - my second Porsche in college. Not a bad machine. It held a lot of stuff - moved with it several times.

Amazing what happens when you call someone out for leaving out pertinent information. Talk about new accounts - that dude has 24 points. I don't see anyone on this post with a new account bashing that car. We never bashed the car. We just told the truth - and the truth sometimes hurts. Congrats to the seller and the future owner though. Maybe the seller will do something a little different next time.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
Tcb305 is funny.
I don't like what you said; So I'm going to call you names and make factless accusations about you and your cars. So take that you Grumpy Old Bastages!

Wow, I do feel special now.

You Post deleting MF'er Matt!!!!
I didn't delete anything. What are you on about?
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-10-2018, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

I have been thinking about being called old...... I am........ Never owned a 924 but would like a 968...... did have a Boxster once.......
Old 07-10-2018, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
I didn't delete anything. What are you on about?

Youíre not the only Matt here. Talk about a God complex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2018, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
gearhead

They must be talking about me. I owned a 924s. It is all about me, right? Except I donít have a BAT account...
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-10-2018, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman View Post
Take care of the waitstaff and they will take care of you. Wink

hey, waaaait a minute..... I thought you took you ball and went home LOM? what gives?
78SC PRC Spec911(sold 12/15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7I6HCCKrVQ
Old 07-11-2018, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Quote:
They must be talking about me. I owned a 924s. It is all about me, right? Except I donít have a BAT account...
Nah brah. It's all about me. Just like it was all about the 924 I owned 30 years ago. Just like this one - 1977 maroon. No, I'm not ashamed. I am probably more ashamed of my 911 that hasn't run in awhile - and to top it off I'm probably more ashamed that it's a '75, though I am getting over that.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
gearhead

Donít feel bad. Yesterday FB notified me that Iíve owned my 74 for 3 years. Itís been more than a year since it last ran. Hoping to remedy that soon. My 86 went in for presale prep on Monday.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-11-2018, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
Kind of Blue

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
You guys are a bunch angry old men who drive 924s. Not me but you guys!

We are a cantankerous bunch. Fair, but cantankerous.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Donít feel bad. Yesterday FB notified me that Iíve owned my 74 for 3 years. Itís been more than a year since it last ran. Hoping to remedy that soon. My 86 went in for presale prep on Monday.
Matt where are you selling it? BaT?

How is the Cayman?
Old 07-11-2018, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBonus View Post
We are a cantankerous bunch. Fair, but cantankerous.
Hey, It's in my DNA.

Thus, leading me to make the '75 into an art car.

Also, thanks for letting me post three photos on this thread guys.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Matt where are you selling it? BaT?

How is the Cayman?
I am having second thoughts on BaT. As this thread exemplifies, it seems to have become a bit of a shyte show. While I still believe the car is worth every cent of $40k and I might get more than that there is it really worth the brain damage? I think I'm going to list it here for a couple weeks. I'll see what happens from there.

The Cayman is a hoot. I needed to test a bit of a mad scientist "poor man's" race box, so tossed it in for the last month or so. That shot was taken as I parted ways with my partner's boy, who flew in to drive it to Vegas for me. It's now getting converted to a sequential gearbox. I'm hoping to have it driving by Rennsport.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-11-2018, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbenae View Post
hey, waaaait a minute..... I thought you took your ball and went home LOM? what gives?
Marketplace is like a Mosh Pit in your 20's. A little intimidating and violent looking from the outside.
But once your inside mixing it up it's a lot of fun. It's hard to not go back in.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Marketplace is like a Mosh Pit in your 20's. A little intimidating and violent looking from the outside.
But once your inside mixing it up it's a lot of fun. It's hard to not go back in.
20s? I think I was 15 when I popped my mosh cherry.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Hey, It's in my DNA.

Thus, leading me to make the '75 into an art car.

Also, thanks for letting me post three photos on this thread guys.
This is not a guy you want to emulate.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 07-11-2018, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Ha.
Sometimes I get bored and just need to let my fingers speak
Old 07-11-2018, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: