Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
This is not a guy you want to emulate.
True, he'd only listen to half of what you would have to say
Old 07-11-2018, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast54 View Post
True, he'd only listen to half of what you would have to say
Wat?
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-11-2018, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
20s? I think I was 15 when I popped my mosh cherry.
Aren't you originally from the S.F /Bay Area?, So I'm sure that's not the only cherry that got popped at 15.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Quote:
So who recently worked on the car? Greg Fordahl or AR Service? They didnít both just do that engine.
Do you know if Fordahl is still around? I know they moved locations, but I tried to get a hold of him a couple months back and never heard back from them.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Quote:
I am having second thoughts on BaT. As this thread exemplifies, it seems to have become a bit of a shyte show. While I still believe the car is worth every cent of $40k and I might get more than that there is it really worth the brain damage? I think I'm going to list it here for a couple weeks. I'll see what happens from there.

The Cayman is a hoot. I needed to test a bit of a mad scientist "poor man's" race box, so tossed it in for the last month or so. That shot was taken as I parted ways with my partner's boy, who flew in to drive it to Vegas for me. It's now getting converted to a sequential gearbox. I'm hoping to have it driving by Rennsport.
In my view it's a shyte show for people who don't know what they're doing. If you present it well, coupled with your reputation, I think you'd do very very well.

I went out of my way to make a good ad when I sold my 996tt on BaT, and the only challenge I got was on the quad tips of the exhaust which one guy said looked fake, or something.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

1974 911 Targa
Old 07-11-2018, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Donít feel bad. Yesterday FB notified me that Iíve owned my 74 for 3 years. Itís been more than a year since it last ran. Hoping to remedy that soon. My 86 went in for presale prep on Monday.
Shame on you! I did 434 miles on Saturday and 225 on Sunday.

1974 911 Targa
Old 07-11-2018, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Brooklyn View Post
In my view it's a shyte show for people who don't know what they're doing. If you present it well, coupled with your reputation, I think you'd do very very well.
Words of wisdom right here.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterwaterfall View Post
Do you know if Fordahl is still around? I know they moved locations, but I tried to get a hold of him a couple months back and never heard back from them.
I donít know. Heís engineering for Magnus Racing and a couple others this year. This weekend will be 3rd weekend in a row imsa races. I bet he hasnít been home since May.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-11-2018, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Shame on you! I did 434 miles on Saturday and 225 on Sunday.

You haven't been around much. No shame parking a car with structural rust to the A-arms that wasn't discovered until the AC was removed from the car. Plus it's the dead of summer. Why on earth would I drive a non-AC coupe in the summer? I've got a 75 targa to drive.

As for my reputation meaning anything on BaT? That's kind of funny. I'm nobody.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 07-11-2018, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Quote:
As for my reputation meaning anything on BaT? That's kind of funny. I'm nobody.
Well, there's nobody, and there's nobody who everyone respects on the forums and sells tranny parts to racing outfits and Singer. Not saying anyone would ask to take a selfie with you, but the importance of " buying the seller", and all that. If Joe Q. Curbstoner says "the car needs nothing", nobody listens, but if someone like you says it, it has value, just my 2 cents.

1974 911 Targa
Old 07-12-2018, 03:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
gearhead

I'm just having a little fun. It's a double edged sword. I have my detractors too.

I have been, and will continue to be honest about the car. It was hit once. It was repaired. I know nothing of the history prior to my ownership 20k mi and almost ten years ago. People will want to pick things apart. If I don't sell it here I will auction it somewhere.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

I went out of my way to make a good ad when I sold my 996tt on BaT, and the only challenge I got was on the quad tips of the exhaust which one guy said looked fake, or something.

You sold the 996TT? How long did you have it? 2 years?
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 07-12-2018, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
You sold the 996TT? How long did you have it? 2 years?
2 and a half, and 14k miles. I sold it very reluctantly, I loved that car. But I bought a money pit of a house last year and I've been pissing money away in renos and unrelated legal fees, so it felt like the prudent thing to do.

1974 911 Targa
Old 07-12-2018, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
Re. Selling on BaT

Comments from the peanut gallery are mostly (99%?) from non-buyers and those trying to impress with some knowledge or insight into a given marque. I wouldn’t bother responding to every minuscule question or nitpick posted by nobodies living in their parents’ basement. Encourage qualified buyers to use the ‘contact seller’ feature and correspond in private.
Copious quality pics (I used an iPhone 7s with a tripod and remote shutter clicker which turned out fine) and a detailed description will answer questions before they’re asked.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
2 and a half, and 14k miles. I sold it very reluctantly, I loved that car. But I bought a money pit of a house last year and I've been pissing money away in renos and unrelated legal fees, so it felt like the prudent thing to do.

Too bad you didn't let me take a look at the house too before you bought it. Been around that block a few times as well.

Fix it right the first time.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 07-12-2018, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yil2jWQ5Oqg
Old 07-12-2018, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ One of the 10 funnest movies of all time, IMO.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
wrong forum...
78SC PRC Spec911(sold 12/15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7I6HCCKrVQ

Last edited by juanbenae; 07-12-2018 at 05:02 PM..
Old 07-12-2018, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbenae View Post
wrong forum...

Said the king of wrong topics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2018, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

$96,000....... I am eating crow and officially apologize at my characterization........ 911R knows how to sell cars.........

Last edited by Macroni; 07-13-2018 at 04:58 PM..
Old 07-13-2018, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: