Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Anthony there is no rhyme or reason for cars like yours stalling out at $80k ish. Just beautiful.
That color alone puts it at $100k min for me.
Right now the market is paying top dollar for back dated RSR cars and turning there nose at great, but slightly modified, turbo cars. To each their own.

I don't think others can appreciate what an amazing all around driver a slightly modded 930 is unless you own one.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #261 (permalink)

Sorry, but if it's a 76-79 Turbo, it's gotta have the right sport seats, just sayin'!

Great color combo, though!
Old 09-04-2018, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #262 (permalink)

I don't recall saying anything was in free fall. I think my estimate on this car is in line with where your brokatrot ended Anthony.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #263 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
Sorry, but if it's a 76-79 Turbo, it's gotta have the right sport seats, just sayin'!

Great color combo, though!
Of course to a person seeking total original non power seats
might turn some off. They were not replaced because of being junk. That is partly where this thought process comes from. Many restored cars come about from destroyed cars and have many parts from different cars that are not original to when it was originally built. This car was kept and maintained in excellent condition by the fussy original owner and upgraded to be more enjoyable to him not because it was worn out. It was parked amidst his many new exotics over the decades so he always wanted it to look really good. Underside was uncleaned original and barely dirty with still shiny cad plated items. I think that makes a great difference in value, but lost on many. Example, the upgraded sound system ( about $8K worth ) was important as he was a musician and was very sound sensitive. He originally ordered it without a radio so most likely knew a better radio was to be installed knowing the limits of the original Blaupunkt. A radio delete facia plate is in the glove box.

1979-930 Thanks, yes the color combo had something to do with it's winning ways. It just blows most away.

Last edited by voitureltd; 09-05-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Old 09-05-2018, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #264 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Of course to a person seeking total original non power seats
might turn some off. They were not replaced because of being junk. That is partly where this thought process comes from. Many restored cars came about from junk and parts from different cars that are not original to when it was originally built.. This car was kept and maintained in excellent condition by the fussy original owner and upgraded to be more enjoyable to him not because it was worn out. It was parked amidst his many new exotics over the decades so he always wanted it to look really good. Underside was uncleaned original and barely dirty with still shiny cad plated items. I think that makes a great difference in value, but lost on many. Example, the upgraded sound system ( about $8K worth ) was important as he was a musician and was very sound sensitive. He originally ordered it without a radio so most likely knew a better radio was to be installed knowing the limits of the original Blaupunkt. A radio delete plate is in the glove box.

1979-930 Thanks, yes the color combo had something to do with it's winning ways. It just blows most away.
I'm pretty sure that Short Circuit of a radio system held the price down on BAT.

free picture upload
Old 09-05-2018, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #265 (permalink)

Gonna put my Ice green 77 930 Euro up soon ..
I haven't seen to many Euro 930 models for sale.
they are always the US spec low Hp and big bumpers.
anyone have any leads to past sales would be bomb..
Old 09-05-2018, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #266 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
I don't recall saying anything was in free fall. I think my estimate on this car is in line with where your brokatrot ended Anthony.
Free fall to me meaning still losing value. Put them side by side and on a hoist and drive each of them. Then you might think differently. The original owner said Rennrot was what he ordered. Brokatrot may be another name. The color code is 867, go figure.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #267 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991gts6s View Post
Details and I'm sure we can find you some comps.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #268 (permalink)

[QUOTE=specialtyoneinc;10168578]I'm pretty sure that Short Circuit of a radio system held the price down on BAT.

Good one. Way over the top no doubt but it really did sound good. That was a era of excesses especially in CA. Actually it had a radio power cut off which I turned off
. That sound system could drain the battery quickly if not charging.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #269 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
Details and I'm sure we can find you some comps.
we can find comps and buyers
Old 09-05-2018, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #270 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Its a US speck 76, but it did very well on BAT. One of the highest prices paid for a 930 on that website. I think the color is a definite value add. Your car will need to be very original to keep pace with this one.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-porsche-930-turbo-carrera-5/
Old 09-05-2018, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #271 (permalink)

Quote:
Free fall to me meaning still losing value. Put them side by side and on a hoist and drive each of them. Then you might think differently. The original owner said Rennrot was what he ordered. Brokatrot may be another name. The color code is 867, go figure.
I was simply quoting the name of the color on your COA. If itís not Brokatrot, whatever the hell that is, then your COA is wrong. Thatís the strangest name Iíve ever heard of for a paint color, thatís for sure.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #272 (permalink)

Anthony, you could have an equally fine stereo installed today that is completely stealthy (OK, the door speaker grills might have to change). Amp and sub under the seats with bluetooth hookup to your phone; speaker x-overs hidden in the door pockets; stock Bamberg/CR in the dash wired to the amp. Ask me how I know.

Same for original '74-'79 sport seats--arguably the most comfy seats Recaro ever made for Porsche--you can add seat heaters in them (hello Tony Garcia!) without any obvious visual clues. Who needs the weight of those already-dated seats?

Point being, your car can be tailored to your needs without garish or soon-to-be-dated "improvements" that are obviously not stock. Don't draw a 'stache on the Mona Lisa.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #273 (permalink)

Quote:
Condition, originality, mileage and service history...color is a plus. We're reaching the end of the season so that may play into your sale/sold price. Post pics and info.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #274 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
Anthony, you could have an equally fine stereo installed today that is completely stealthy (OK, the door speaker grills might have to change). Amp and sub under the seats with bluetooth hookup to your phone; speaker x-overs hidden in the door pockets; stock Bamberg/CR in the dash wired to the amp. Ask me how I know.

Same for original '74-'79 sport seats--arguably the most comfy seats Recaro ever made for Porsche--you can add seat heaters in them (hello Tony Garcia!) without any obvious visual clues. Who needs the weight of those already-dated seats?

Point being, your car can be tailored to your needs without garish or soon-to-be-dated "improvements" that are obviously not stock. Don't draw a 'stache on the Mona Lisa.
i would never even add a radio to a 930.It was just done for sound quality long before I got it. Lots of other things about the car that make it desirable.. I never even turn a radio on. CA excesses from a time gone by. Just as your blue tooth stuff will be some day

Last edited by voitureltd; 09-06-2018 at 06:16 PM..
Old 09-06-2018, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #275 (permalink)

Mocker. Sport seats, well I have a few 77-79 930s with the rarest of sport seats and a few others with the standard sport seats. I agree they are very nice.seats. I know what you say.

Last edited by voitureltd; 09-08-2018 at 08:46 AM..
Old 09-06-2018, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #276 (permalink)

Quote:
I was simply quoting the name of the color on your COA. If it’s not Brokatrot, whatever the hell that is, then your COA is wrong. That’s the strangest name I’ve ever heard of for a paint color, that’s for sure.
My son ordered the COA after I gave the 930 to him, hopefully to drive as it is in very good condition. That color named on the COA must be a translated version. The original order was for Rennrot code # 867 which he said is Czechoslovakian racing red color from the 50s. That COA is when we found out it was ordered without a radio and a right mirror. Upon reviewing the complete records from new we found the invoice for adding the right mirror and the now total of over $8K for the radio. As mentioned a radio delete plate is in the glove box.

Last edited by voitureltd; 09-06-2018 at 06:27 PM..
Old 09-06-2018, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #277 (permalink)

Quote:
My son ordered the COA after I gave the 930 to him. That color named on the COA must be a translated version. The original order was for Rennrot code # 867 which he said is Czechoslovakian racing red color from the 50s. That is when we found out it was ordered without a radio and a right mirror. Upon reviewing the complete records from new we found the invoice for adding the right mirror and the now total of ove $8K for the radio and even more for the custom JBL speakers, who by the way the owners were friends of his, for this crazy expensive sound system. As mentioned a radio delete plate is in the glove box if anyone wants it original.
Iíve got some sound systems in a couple of mine that are totally over the top nuts. One of them was used as a display system for a custom stereo shop for a few years. Itís like having LIV nightclub in a 930. Lol
Old 09-06-2018, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #278 (permalink)
Quote:
Iíve got some sound systems in a couple of mine that are totally over the top nuts. One of them was used as a display system for a custom stereo shop for a few years. Itís like having LIV nightclub in a 930. Lol
Iím so embarrassed to admit and think about the days when I cared about and had crazy stereo systems. The idea of playing music as loud as I did mortifies me. Now when driving one of my 911ís I prefer no music other than the engine and the road
Old 09-06-2018, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #279 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
Iím so embarrassed to admit and think about the days when I cared about and had crazy stereo systems. The idea of playing music as loud as I did mortifies me. Now when driving one of my 911ís I prefer no music other than the engine and the road
You would be blown away by one of them. The speakers were so expensive they came shipped in their own metal briefcase that probably costs more than most speakers themselves. Lol. It's not like loud muffled muddy panel rattling sh|t, it's all top of the line Audison Hertz, it's totally crisp and clear. Even if you don't like that type of stuff, it is still quite impressive to hear and feel.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #280 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: