Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Looking for a 356

Just curious about pricing for the following ad. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2198208
Just started shopping around and getting a feel for the current market.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

yikes. Someone needs some welding lessons. i'd find one that hasn't been messed with that much. To make the listed one right will cost $$$$ and will not be worth it.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You're referring to the underneath pic?
Old 08-20-2018, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

yes, the welding at the longitudinals is rather sub par. You can only wonder what else was hacked. Unless you can do most of your own welding and restoration, you're probably better off spending $15 or 20k more for a solid example than to try and resurrect a non matching T5 with tons of issues. It will end up costing you twice as much. Take your time and buy the best you can afford. they are still out there.

Last edited by CASair; 08-20-2018 at 06:11 PM..
Old 08-20-2018, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I'll keep looking. Not in a hurry. I don't mind a non matching numbers car. Just want it mechanically and structurally sound.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
This guy may have what you're looking for or know someone that does. Good luck with the search!
https://unobtanium-inc.com/cars
'79 930 turbo RoW - Oak Green Metallic - k27-7200 - Kokeln Intercooler - RarlyL8 headers/muffler - Leask WuR - Tial 46mm - Rebel racing sphericals front/rear - ER Monoballs front/rear - ER adjustable spring plates - 29/23mm TBs - Wevo engine mounts - Rebel racing transmission mounts
'99 4Runner Sr5
Old 08-21-2018, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobS911 View Post
This guy may have what you're looking for or know someone that does. Good luck with the search!
https://unobtanium-inc.com/cars
I'll help if I can but we rarely do drivers, I prefer selling projects. Everyone has a different idea how a 50 year old car is supposed to drive, but when a project is described and sold honestly, there are no surprises.
But we always have lots of cars, so reach out if you have any questions about the market.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 08-28-2018, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: