Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Original P33 Transmission tool - worth?

Updated the photo in responses below sorry about that. I didn't have a current photo at the time. I have been asked to sell some old Porsche tools that were used in a Porsche restorations shop. One of the tools is a P33 Transmission tool. I know they are rare and I'm having trouble finding a record of one ever being bought or sold.

What is a fair asking price for this too? Our tool looks just like the one in the picture.

You can reply to my email or here.
Thanks.

Last edited by wnkent; 09-05-2018 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: updated info.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Not sure what they're worth but shoot me a note with a price when you decide. I might want it
Old 09-03-2018, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
gearhead

Scam. That's Jon Bunin's photo. This guy doesn't have this tool to sell..
Old 09-03-2018, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Scam. That's Jon Bunin's photo. This guy doesn't have this tool to sell..
No not a scam. I updated the photo below. I just used this one while I was researching as I didn't have a current photo.
Sorry about that. I also don't know how to edit out that original image.

Last edited by wnkent; 09-05-2018 at 11:07 AM..
Old 09-05-2018, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I have an image of some cash that a friend use to have. Can I pay with that?
Old 09-05-2018, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

If this is the same WNKENT of old that this is a piece from the estate of Gary Kempton, and that makes it very real.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 09-06-2018, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
gearhead

The problem with that tool is it is only for 356, and as such a pretty limited market. I honestly wouldn't even guess on it. I suggest posting a similar thread on Samba.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
If this is the same WNKENT of old that this is a piece from the estate of Gary Kempton, and that makes it very real.

---Adam
You are correct. It is from Gary's estate. I don't have this tool listed yet as I'm still doing research but it will be shortly.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
The problem with that tool is it is only for 356, and as such a pretty limited market. I honestly wouldn't even guess on it. I suggest posting a similar thread on Samba.
Matt - Thanks. I'll try that.

I didn't mean to get everyone's panties in a wad by stating clearly in the original post that I was doing research and that "Our tool looks just like the one in the picture" and by NOT claiming that the one pictured was mine.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkent View Post
You are correct. It is from Gary's estate. I don't have this tool listed yet as I'm still doing research but it will be shortly.
My advice would be to gather up all Gary's rare bits and bring them to the LA Lit Meet in the Spring. The GK crew was behind me a few years ago.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 09-06-2018, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
gearhead

Don’t take it personal. There’s a lot of scammers around. When a member with 1 post shows a rare and unique item and someone else’s picture it raises suspicion. It’s a better safe than sorry thing.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-06-2018, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Donít take it personal. Thereís a lot of scammers around. When a member with 1 post shows a rare and unique item and someone elseís picture it raises suspicion. Itís a better safe than sorry thing.
Thanks Matt. I'll try not to be so think skinned. I would replace that original photo if I could. I don't see any edit button for the photos.

Adam, that's a great picture. I'll be sure to show it to Margaret. Unfortunately, the cost of a trip to the show would probably wipe out any money made.... but it would be fun.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

There is also the swap meet in about a week in PA, Part guy Mike from GK came a few years ago, so he knows the way.

Vintage German Swap Meet for Porsche and Volkswagen

See ya there-
Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 09-06-2018, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Thanks to Unobtainium-inc for your help. We have managed to get this sold fairly quickly. A special thanks Jon Bunin for reaching out personally with advice and information.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkent View Post
Thanks to Unobtainium-inc for your help. We have managed to get this sold fairly quickly. A special thanks Jon Bunin for reaching out personally with advice and information.
Happy to help, Gary saved my bacon on many on occasion.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 09-11-2018, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
p33 , porsche , transmission tool