Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.86 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
gearhead

Even Motormeister built a decent engine once in a while.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 12-27-2018, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless youíre on military time, in which case itís only once.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #182 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Those were probably good, assembled engines that they stole from customers and then put their company sticker on the fan housings.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #183 (permalink)

Garage
Well now at least Curt will have the opportunity to get right with the BAR, pay all his back taxes, licensing fees, and late fees to the state while Caleb will have the opportunity to see what a real valve cover repair looks like. Getting a small claims judgement is relatively easy and inexpensive in CA but getting paid from a shyster is a lot tougher. If this guy's primary business is car storage he is well versed in ducking judgements and lien sale is a major profit center for him.

Ugly business. Thanks for posting and good luck Nathan.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #184 (permalink)
*UPDATE* After the sneaky last second postponement we finally had our day in court and i received a judgement for slightly more than i was extorted for. Judge didn't appear to entertain my scratched door costs. Before 30 days had elapsed I received a notice of appeal which is allowed in CA without even a valid reason or new evidence. Ready to go to appeal and low and behold I receive a another postponement notice. At this point its laughable about what a scumbag Curt Autenrieth is. I would venture to guess he's in his 60's or 70's? Serious buyer beware with this guy. Get a life.

Last edited by nathanbs; 03-07-2019 at 05:36 AM..
Old 03-06-2019, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
*UPDATE* After the sneaky last second postponement we finally had our day in court and i received a judgement for slightly more than i was extorted for. Judge didn't appear to entertain my scratched door costs. Before 30 days had elapsed I received a notice of appeal which is allowed in CA without even a valid reason or new evidence. Ready to go to appeal and low and behold I receive a another postponement notice. At this point its laughable about what a scumbag Curt Autenreith is. I would venture to guess he's in his 60's or 70's? Serious buyer beware with this guy. Get a life.
Congrats.

Good luck turning that judgment into money with such a conman.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
Congrats.

Good luck turning that judgment into money with such a conman.
Yeah honestly I canít wait. Lol
Old 03-06-2019, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #187 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah honestly I canít wait. Lol
In my experience if you can settle with a con man, youíre likely to get paid on it. But with a judgment itíll never happen. You should post the judgment on all of the forums for everyone to see, that might bring you more satisfaction than the few thousand owed to you I bet. Itíd probably cost him more in lost future business than what he owes you.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #188 (permalink)

Garage
+1

How can NAthan publicize how he was conned, to warn others?
Flyers? Website? Taking an ad out in Panorama?
Giving out flyers at local car events?
Old 03-07-2019, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #189 (permalink)

Quote:
At this point its laughable about what a scumbag Curt Autenreith is.
Are you sure that it's "Curt AutenrEIth the scumbag - or is Curt AutenrIEth the scumbag?"

Google search indicates it might be IE, not EI. You probably need to spell it correctly for search results to have your story show up.

'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
'06 911 S Aerokit - from 5/2/2016 to 11/14/2018
Old 03-07-2019, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #190 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAtarga View Post
Are you sure that it's "Curt AutenrEIth the scumbag - or is Curt AutenrIEth the scumbag?"

Google search indicates it might be IE, not EI. You probably need to spell it correctly for search results to have your story show up.
Thank you. You are correct and that is important. Interestingly enough he misspelled so many things on the Statement of Information with Secretary of State for his LLC which clearly is an attempt to throw up a smoke cloud of anyone ever searches or brings action against him.

Last edited by nathanbs; 03-07-2019 at 05:50 AM..
Old 03-07-2019, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #191 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
+1

How can NAthan publicize how he was conned, to warn others?
Flyers? Website? Taking an ad out in Panorama?
Giving out flyers at local car events?
If/when I donít get my money itís not out of the question.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #192 (permalink)

Garage
Nathan, did the defendant show up personally to court? Did it look you in the face? sociopath? response when confronted with the truth. What was it's demeanor? Angry?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #193 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Nathan, did the defendant show up personally to court? Did it look you in the face? sociopath? response when confronted with the truth. What was it's demeanor? Angry?
no he didn't. He sent Caleb. What I find interesting is the reason the trial got postponed originally was apparently Caleb had or was having a child even though he was present for the first few hours of the trial day. Now the postponement is because the defendant had a trip to Ireland planned. I'm curious if Caleb is taking a 2 month old to Ireland or if Curt will actually show his face or it's just another BS lie.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #194 (permalink)

Great thread.

My limited experience with the court system is that there are many avenues of appeal, dodge, and obfuscate. A lawyer can help by showing up for you and by anticipating some of the shenanigans. For me, having a plenty busy life already, pretty useful.

Dan

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2019, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #195 (permalink)
Friday I had my day in court(again). To remind you guys I had won the initial small claims case for about $3200 but then the D-bag appealed it. Well guess what I won again. Essentially the judgement of $2800 was my full repair bill minus the fuel sender which I had always admitted was ok. This time Curt, The king D-bag himself showed up in addition to Caleb. I could not imagine the volumes of lies and rather ridiculous stories and scenarios that these two tag teamed up there under oath I'll remind you. I guess they had nothing to lose but to throw a hail mary of bullcrap and hope that the judge would buy that I'm the liar and they are the victims. In hindsight I should have been better prepared for it but luckily the judge saw Curt and Caleb for what they are, Liars and Thiefs. Wish me luck now in collecting the money LOL. To be honest this has been very redeeming for me so whatever happens now I'll be ok. Especially hearing them up there telling the judge how much I have "slandered" their business and how much it has taken a toll on them. Out front of the courthouse Curt had the guts to tell me that I will get mine. I laughed and yelled back that he was much closer to a coronary blockage than I was.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #196 (permalink)

The truth hurts. They got what they deserved. Good for you Nathan, sometimes honesty prevails. Congrats.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #197 (permalink)

Glad you won - KARMA, why don't people get it.

Unfortunately I bet they try and screw someone even worse to pay you.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster911 View Post
Glad you won - KARMA, why don't people get it.

Unfortunately I bet they try and screw someone even worse to pay you.
Thatís not really how crooks operate, they just screw the next guy - period. Thereís no paying back of money owed to previous people screwed over.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #199 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
. . . Out front of the courthouse Curt had the guts to tell me that I will get mine. I laughed and yelled back that he was much closer to a coronary blockage than I was.
You know you're dealing with a real loser and general piece of sepia brown when the guy blames YOU for having to face consequences for his theft of time and parts. What a piece of work!
Old 04-08-2019, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #200 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: