Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
BTW, did you pay by credit card? Immediately dispute it. As you stated, the work you paid for wasn't completed properly. That's enough to make a dispute with the card.

Caleb is a piece of work. I dealt with him a few times as LAPD. I would never do business anywhere he is, and hope the word gets out quickly that he's got a new gig.
only would accept cash. This is clearly not his first rodeo aka scam
Old 08-31-2018, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
only would accept cash. This is clearly not his first rodeo aka scam
Red Flag. Unbelievable.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
No it’s titled to me
Contact the Cali BAR. Not sure how much they can help in this case. Getting an automotive repair bill 2x what you expected is commonplace in this p-car industry. I bet everyone here has had that fun experience.

I did. Like you, I verbally authorized some repairs... and got a shock at the end for similar amounts. Live and learn. Get everything in writing.

Last edited by pmax; 08-31-2018 at 10:02 AM..
Old 08-31-2018, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Contact the Cali BAR. Not sure how much they can help in this case. Getting an automotive repair bill 2x what you expected is commonplace in this p-car industry. I bet everyone here has had that fun experience.

I did. Like you, I verbally authorized some repairs... and got a shock at the end for similar amounts. Live and learn. Get everything in writing.
It is not ok though. It is not the way the state wants the transaction to occur. The vehicle owner or person that the vehicle owner authorizes on their behalf is supposed to be in the driver seat during the entire transaction. A shop or any contractor for that matter can't just start billing willy nilly. As mentioned above by one individual, he contacted BAR and they informed the shop that without something writing they, the shop are screwed. He was honest and offered to pay what he understood he would owe and I am willing to do the same thing. I even offered $500 more than the highest amount ever mentioned to me just to try and keep the peace
Old 08-31-2018, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
gearhead

I've never been billed double on any repair. That's not normal or customary.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
It is not ok though. It is not the way the state wants the transaction to occur. The vehicle owner or person that the vehicle owner authorizes on their behalf is supposed to be in the driver seat during the entire transaction. A shop or any contractor for that matter can't just start billing willy nilly. As mentioned above by one individual, he contacted BAR and they informed the shop that without something writing they, the shop are screwed. He was honest and offered to pay what he understood he would owe and I am willing to do the same thing. I even offered $500 more than the highest amount ever mentioned to me just to try and keep the peace
Keeping the peace and getting the car back are strong incentives to just paying up.

Verbal agreements are a pain. One side can't be 100% certain of what the other said and what was heard.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Caleb is a piece of work. I dealt with him a few times as LAPD. I would never do business anywhere he is, and hope the word gets out quickly that he's got a new gig.
You missed the part where Curt told Nathan to pay up or else.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Quote:
Keeping the peace and getting the car back are strong incentives to just paying up.

Verbal agreements are a pain. One side can't be 100% certain of what the other said and what was heard.
Yeah absolutely but at the end of the day the burden is on the business to do business according to the law. Similar to an employer/employee relationship. The burden is on the employer to operate according to all state and federal laws. You cant just hide behind ignorance and claim that you didn't know. Consumers and employees on the other hand oftentimes do not know and are not expected to know.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
I didnít miss anything. Thatís an independent statement.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 08-31-2018, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Quote:
Quote:
I didnít miss anything. Thatís an independent statement.
Not sure what point was being made? Perhaps that there are two less than savory individuals operating together at Pasadena Air-cooled?
Old 08-31-2018, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
gearhead

My point was that I don't require any story or issue to want to steer clear of any business that Caleb guy works at. I'm not sure what the confusion is.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 08-31-2018, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Nathan I thought you worked on your own stuff.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Not sure what point was being made? Perhaps that there are two less than savory individuals operating together at Pasadena Air-cooled?
That Caleb is just the tool here.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Quote:
My point was that I don't require any story or issue to want to steer clear of any business that Caleb guy works at. I'm not sure what the confusion is.
Sorry Matt I got you from jump I was only trying to understand pman
Old 08-31-2018, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Nathan I thought you worked on your own stuff.
Mainly body related. Thatís my specialty and what Iím best equipped for physically and staffwise. Iím so backed up that anytime I think I can get something done reasonably by someone else I do.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Quote:
That Caleb is just the tool here.
Not really. There are some pretty serious stories coming to light revolving around Caleb. In the past 30 hours Iíve done some considerate digging on both Curt and Caleb and I feel pretty stupid that I entrusted them with my car. You donít have to dig very far to get serious dirt on both scumbags.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
So as I dropped my car off at another mechanic to fix what Pasadena Air-cooled couldn’t/didn’t we noticed a fresh key mark on the passenger door. Fresh as in no dirt has yet discolored it. Still paint crumbles and as you touch it it goes from white to brown as dirt rubs into it. The fun continues on.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Not really. There are some pretty serious stories coming to light revolving around Caleb. In the past 30 hours I’ve done some considerate digging on both Curt and Caleb and I feel pretty stupid that I entrusted them with my car. You don’t have to dig very far to get serious dirt on both scumbags.
Curt's apparently the business owner according to Yelp. Makes sense to me. Caleb's just the "kid" as you said.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Simple Option

There is an old reliable firm you can bring in to get the job done right called Smith & Wesson.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

This business isn’t even in good standing with the state of California, it shows up as suspended. Strangely there is only one record on file, and that’s just showing the registered agent, which is Roger Lopez. He appears to be their attorney.

https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Document/RetrievePDF?Id=201513810305-19250029

Nathan, you know who to contact in case you want to try and resolve this through their attorney prior to filing a lawsuit. And maybe you can simultaneously put some pressure on the state to officially shut them down since they are scamming people while they’re technically not even supposed to be open for business since their license is suspended.

I thought every business registered with the state is supposed to have articles of incorporation on file to see who the principals are, this business has no such filing. Which obviously makes them look even shadier, as they’ve obviously been able to hide their identities from public consumption.

Is California not properly policing their businesses? As they’re still open for business scamming people with a suspended business license. Somebody clearly isn’t doing their job at the state level, cause the one and only filing for this business is over 3 years old. There need to be annual renewals to keep a business in good standing with the state. Maybe the state of California has a bit of culpability here for not doing their job properly. Had they done so and actually shut down a suspended business, Nathan, you wouldn’t have gotten conned.

Shut this shady business down Nathan.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: