Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
I don't suing them will get you where you want to go. The bill was $3000, right? They will be able to prove you authorized and approved of some of the work, so you can't collect the whole $3000 back, so let's say you can collect half back. Unless your brother is an attorney, you're going to spend the $1500 fairly quickly. Unless you want to take them to small claims court. People know what their doing when it comes to padding a bill, it's never enough to sue over, or stay mad about. Sure they lose a customer, but not every business is looking at the long game.

My advice, warn others, take your lumps and move on. Spending months trying to recover some of your money will more than likely end in nothing but frustration, you energy is better spent moving forward.

---Adam
Itíd be more about the principles of it. Plus I donít think they did much work on his car, so his approved dollar amount is inconsequential since they did very little. His authorization of $1500 would only diminish the dollars he could collect if they can prove they did the work, which might be hard to do. I suspect Nathan will have another mechanic provide whatever documents or testimony needed to show that PAC didnít do either the work requested, or the work billed for.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
Itíd be more about the principles of it. Plus I donít think they did much work on his car, so his approved dollar amount is inconsequential since they did very little. His authorization of $1500 would only diminish the dollars he could collect if they can prove they did the work, which might be hard to do. I suspect Nathan will have another mechanic provide whatever documents or testimony needed to show that PAC didnít do either the work requested, or the work billed for.
Ok, even if he was able to get a judgement for the full $3000, how much is the attorney going to cost him? And then you have to collect on the judgement, and that gets very tricky if the shop is not flush with money or has been doing this a long time. The last part, he paid in cash, they can deny he was ever there.
Trust me, move on, warn everyone but don't drag this out for a year and end up nothing, it isn't worth it.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 09-04-2018, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
^^^
... and leave them to scam the next victim and the next ...

No.

Nathanbs,

Consider your pursuit of justice as a service to the p-car community.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
Ok, even if he was able to get a judgement for the full $3000, how much is the attorney going to cost him? And then you have to collect on the judgement, and that gets very tricky if the shop is not flush with money or has been doing this a long time. The last part, he paid in cash, they can deny he was ever there.
Trust me, move on, warn everyone but don't drag this out for a year and end up nothing, it isn't worth it.

---Adam
They go the legal route in California apparently Adam. Here in metro NY/NJ, Uncle Carmine would handle everything in short order, for a lot less than an attorney.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 09-04-2018, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Small claims is very easy and can be filed online, no attorney's fees needed. I paid cash but have a paid invoice in my possession. As Pmax and JMS have stated its a matter of principal. I will not let this get swept under the rug
Old 09-04-2018, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
Small claims is very easy and can be filed online, no attorney's fees needed. I paid cash but have a paid invoice in my possession. As Pmax and JMS have stated its a matter of principal. I will not let this get swept under the rug
Good for you, I wouldnít either.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

sweet i just received a video via email from Curtis Autenreith of the purported leak down but I cannot open it nor do I want at this point frankly. Kind of pointless without an actual leak down report.

Last edited by nathanbs; 09-04-2018 at 04:19 PM..
Old 09-04-2018, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
They go the legal route in California apparently Adam. Here in metro NY/NJ, Uncle Carmine would handle everything in short order, for a lot less than an attorney.
I've never heard exactly what happened to Todd, but there are rumours.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Hey Everyone

I have a job interview with them tomorrow. I've been reading only negative things about them. Should I go?
Old 09-04-2018, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocothemechanic View Post
I have a job interview with them tomorrow. I've been reading only negative things about them. Should I go?

Yes. It appears they need one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2018, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocothemechanic View Post
Please do and show them this thread
Old 09-04-2018, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

I'm with Adam...... not worth pursuing.......
Old 09-04-2018, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Garage
It's not about the money.
They created a headache for you, and now it's your turn.

I would make payback my new hobby
Hire someone to make sure my negative reviews were SEO'ed
Hire people to hand out flyers to every potential customer who walks on their sidewalk.

Last edited by sugarwood; 09-04-2018 at 07:30 PM..
Old 09-04-2018, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
Just posted on S registry and Rennlist. Hope I don’t get flamed over there because I have never posted on either before. Oh well the truth shall prevail
Old 09-04-2018, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Where did you post on EarlyS? Could not find it...…..
Old 09-05-2018, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
Where did you post on EarlyS? Could not find it...…..
Yeah just woke up to find it has evaporated. Wonder why? I just re-posted. Anybody know any admins over there? Beware Pasadena Air-cooled Curtis Autenreith scammer, con-artist!
Old 09-05-2018, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
I'm with Adam...... not worth pursuing.......
He's taking it to small claims court, so the cost is minimal. Maybe if every time a consumer got screwed over by a shop he or she would seek reparations, incidents like this would not happen as much. Kudos to the OP for going after them. Nothing sours the hobby like a shop with shenanigans.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
He's taking it to small claims court, so the cost is minimal. Maybe if every time a consumer got screwed over by a shop he or she would seek reparations, incidents like this would not happen as much. Kudos to the OP for going after them. Nothing sours the hobby like a shop with shenanigans.
Exactly. Itís so weird to me how accepting so many people are to being screwed over. I guess when I was younger I would solve things by kicking the crap out of you but now Iím older and slightly wiser. Iíll still kick the crap out of you but just legally now.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Garage
In fact, I would make a flyer and just covers the big bullet points of what this place did to you. Just very high level "Beware! I was conned" flyer. YOU CAN NOT GET SUED FOR STATING FACTS AND TRUTH. (Slander, libel, etc)

I would go to all local Pasadena 911 car events and start handing out the flyer to anyone with a 911. I would make a calendar of all Los Angeles car shows and events. All PCA events at a track. I would hire people to help me do this, if needed.

As far as the act of handing out the flyer, people will look at you funny. Expected. I would open with something like, "hey, I got scammed by this garage, we need to stick together. Just warning my fellow air cooled guys. This is my revenge. Take care and spread the word". I bet most people would be receptive, and even engage you.

I would post a Craigslist ad with keywords Porsche and constantly reposting it for the next year. Anyone searching for a Porsche in the LA area would see the CL post. Explaining how you got scammed.

I would make it my mission to spread my story to the entire 911 community within a 1 hour radius. Eventually, word would spread.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
Exactly. Itís so weird to me how accepting so many people are to being screwed over. I guess when I was younger I would solve things by kicking the crap out of you but now Iím older and slightly wiser. Iíll still kick the crap out of you but just legally now.
Small Claims is probably a good move, I was more arguing against getting an attorney. Normally when attorney's get involved they are usually the only ones who make money.
Look, we've all been screwed by Porsche shops, I was screwed just last year. Had to take it to my local mechanic and spend several thousand more. Ironically the first shop was supposed to be a friend of mine, he originally offered me some of my money back and then a day later said after he consulted with his attorney he didn't owe me anything. Guess we weren't friend's after all.
The best thing you can do is what you're doing, warn the community.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 09-05-2018, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: