Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Fun read, thanks for the link, especially that Frank Beck character suggesting you're simply too cheap to pay what the scammer wants.

What's their membership fees like these days ? I accidentally walked into their temp office last reunion and thought it was an AARP meet
If you want hours of entertainment go read a bit of Frank's post history. He's a character...
Old 09-06-2018, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

JMS935 - agreed
Current: 1970 914-6 conversion 2.7, 1973 T, 1975 930 Turbo Targa, 1978 928 Race car, 6.57L, 1983 911SC, 1987 928S4 5 speed, 2002 911 Targa, 2007 997TT, 2009 997TT, 2004 40th Anniversary Carrera, Mclaren 570S and 12C

Only reproduction 3.6 cases on the planet, coming soon www.taorminaracingdesigns.com
Old 09-06-2018, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catorce View Post

Perhaps if Nathan had an attorney to begin with this would never have happened.
lol I know you guys already laughed about this but I couldn't help but poke the bear. So since you rebuild engines do you pay your attorney $250/hr+ to drop off your car for you at a bodyshop? I do have an attorney but I was reluctant to say because I didn't want Adam to think I was a shyster .
Old 09-06-2018, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Fun read, thanks for the link, especially that Frank Beck character suggesting you're simply too cheap to pay what the scammer wants.

What's their membership fees like these days ? I accidentally walked into their temp office last reunion and thought it was an AARP meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
If you want hours of entertainment go read a bit of Frank's post history. He's a character...
I actually typed a reply to Frank but decided against it that read "It looks like I discovered the village idiot"
Old 09-06-2018, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

Garage
Their attorney on the form is a personal injury type Pasadena Personal Injury Lawyer - Roger W. Lopez
Sort of funny in a strange way.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro Joe View Post
Their attorney on the form is a personal injury type Pasadena Personal Injury Lawyer - Roger W. Lopez
He does car accidents and pedestrian accidents...a.k.a...heís an ambulance chaser. Like I said in an earlier post, heís probably not all that different than the shyster he accepts service for.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro Joe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
He does car accidents and pedestrian accidents...a.k.a...he’s an ambulance chaser. Like I said in an earlier post, he’s probably not all that different than the shyster he accepts service for.
I’m sure he’s a great guy just ask Frank on the early S registry
Old 09-06-2018, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)
So current mechanic was tasked with the still leaking valve covers, actually leaking now to the point of car smoking pretty severely even though this was not an existing issue or complaint. Took a quick look, saw that they were never "resurfaced" as billed, determined as "old crusty black paint was still present on the mating surface". Cleaned off messy sealant, replaced valve covers, voila leaks gone. Cheaper than original fee to resurface and seal valve covers. One valve rocker arm was in "backwards" which should have definitely been discovered during the alleged "Valve adjustment" if someone actually did one and/or knew what they were doing.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
So current mechanic was tasked with the still leaking valve covers, actually leaking now to the point of car smoking pretty severely even though this was not an existing issue or complaint. Took a quick look, saw that they were never "resurfaced" as billed, determined as "old crusty black paint was still present on the mating surface". Cleaned off messy sealant, replaced valve covers, voila leaks gone. Cheaper than original fee to resurface and seal valve covers. One valve rocker arm was in "backwards" which should have definitely been discovered during the alleged "Valve adjustment" if someone actually did one and/or knew what they were doing.
Not just a bait and switch, but a full blown didn't do shyte at all. Wow.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-10-2018, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)

So what you’re saying is that they’re not bad mechanics, as they didn’t even attempt the work, but actual crooks. Did you call the state to shut them down? It’s amazing how far crooks can string along white collar crimes before any government body/agency decides to get off their duff and do something about it.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)

California has the fifth largest economy in the world. If you want them to verify the legitimacy of every business operating within their exonomy, you better be prepared to pay more in taxes. Even not-for-profit governmental agencies require more than air to operate.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

Garage
Did you start the process of retribution?
I would have had the mechanic take photos of the mating surface
and go to the shop and demand my money back.

Did you start printing flyers?
Get the court process started?

Do this while you care.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post

Do this while you care.
Iím still collecting facts(evidence). Balls are all in motion. No flyers, yet
Old 09-11-2018, 04:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post

Do this while you care.
I wonder how much the huge, inflatable rats cost to rent for a week? Maybe they rent turkeys? Or skunks? Or even bandits?

I threatened to have my produce supplier dump a truckload of lemons into a furniture store's parking lot once, the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, during their big sale. I was having a $6,000 furntiture dispute with them that wasn't being resolved.

They called me and resolved the problem the next morning. True story.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 09-11-2018, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
I wonder how much the huge, inflatable rats cost to rent for a week? Maybe they rent turkeys? Or skunks? Or even bandits?

I threatened to have my produce supplier dump a truckload of lemons into a furniture store's parking lot once, the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, during their big sale. I was having a $6,000 furntiture dispute with them that wasn't being resolved.

They called me and resolved the problem the next morning. True story.
Nice lol. That would have made the news. Good idea
Old 09-11-2018, 05:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)
My post was taken down on Early S registry. Interesting censorship
Old 09-11-2018, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)

Quote:
My post was taken down on Early S registry. Interesting censorship
I guess the freedom of speech only goes so far, as you canít tarnish one of their respected forum members. That would be a shame. It sure seems like that forum is walking a very fine line while trying to protect one if its members.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)
Quote Originally Posted by Nathanbs
Any way that you can look into and tell me why my post in “off-topic” about pasadena air-cooled scamming me was removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
Yes, it was me....

I learned today that your issue with 'air cooled' is now pending litigation....

As with other issues pending litigation through the years on our board; until the issue is settled no other posts on the subject are recommended or allowed.... We have learned it's best for both parties.

Good luck,
Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanbs
I appreciate your reply but can you please define “pending litigation”? Was proof provided that litigation was pending or was just the word of a trusted, longtime member of the Sregistry taken for fact? I know he is in R gruppe with in addition to being a longtime member here. I am not letting this get swept under the rug. I suggest you don’t add let your personal relationship with this dirtbag affect your ability to moderate this wonderful resource
Old 09-11-2018, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)

Classic Yelp response by Curt the owner. Clearly doesn't know his ass from his head. I couldn't have asked for a better response to support my argument
"Curtis A.
Comment from Curtis A. of PasadenaAirCooled
Business Owner 9/12/2018 Attention Porsche owners: This little girl that composed this review is a troller squared. She has very serious
problems paying for services rendered !!! B E W A R E !!!!!! "

Last edited by nathanbs; 09-12-2018 at 10:08 AM..
Old 09-12-2018, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Classic Yelp response by Curt the owner. Clearly doesn't know his ass from his head. I couldn't have asked for a better response to support my argument
"Curtis A.
Comment from Curtis A. of PasadenaAirCooled
Business Owner 9/12/2018 Attention Porsche owners: This little girl that composed this review is a troller squared. She has very serious
problems paying for services rendered !!! B E W A R E !!!!!! "
I thought Nathan was a boy's name?

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 09-12-2018, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: