Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
I thought Nathan was a boy's name?

---Adam
lol too bad I wasn't of another ethnicity as I bet he would have posted a racial slur
Old 09-12-2018, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)

Garage
Thank goodness I saw Nathan's Yelp review - I was all set to take my 911 in for some work to Pasadena AirCooled. His negative review and Curtis' response on Yelp gave me a moment of pause. Usually, owners respond to a negative review to try and assuage clients. Curtis' response definitely gave me reason to question and do more research on them. I had a post in the 911 Technical forum, but hadn't seen this post on Pasadena AirCooled.
Gone but not forgotten: 1969 Datsun 2000, 1973 914 1.7, 1976 912E
Old 09-12-2018, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoncurly View Post
Thank goodness I saw Nathan's Yelp review - I was all set to take my 911 in for some work to Pasadena AirCooled. His negative review and Curtis' response on Yelp gave me a moment of pause. Usually, owners respond to a negative review to try and assuage clients. Curtis' response definitely gave me reason to question and do more research on them. I had a post in the 911 Technical forum, but hadn't seen this post on Pasadena AirCooled.
Give Marco a buzz at TLG. He'll take good care of you. Stand up guy.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyoneinc View Post
Give Marco a buzz at TLG. He'll take good care of you. Stand up guy.
Bill formerly of Pasadena Air-cooled is awesome and he's at Rusnak Porsche running his own air-cooled division at the same labor rates as when he was at PAC. I've always heard good things about TLG as well

Last edited by nathanbs; 09-12-2018 at 11:13 AM..
Old 09-12-2018, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)

Garage
The response of the owner is more damaging than your review..really shows their true colors
Old 09-12-2018, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)

I built one car and heavily modified a second car with TLG....... call Marco.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Thank goodness I saw Nathan's Yelp review - I was all set to take my 911 in for some work to Pasadena AirCooled. His negative review and Curtis' response on Yelp gave me a moment of pause. Usually, owners respond to a negative review to try and assuage clients. Curtis' response definitely gave me reason to question and do more research on them.
Please paste this into the Yelp.
Then paste a link to this thread.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Please paste this into the Yelp.
Then paste a link to this thread.
i like this idea...
Old 09-12-2018, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Matt, +1 on Todd. I heard,"Don't be surprised to see him at a Porsche event 10-15 years from now." We just recently had an insurance job, 911, stolen targa top and gauges,the Russian appraiser said he found parts at a place in Sun Valley. I told him "we don't buy from Sun Valley." He said "it's not LA Dis (LAPD), I said "Sure.." Looked up the address of his dismantler "KAOS" , right next door to LAPD.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Garage
Enough already. 7 pages long and time to end the thread.
Good luck Nathan!
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 09-12-2018, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
Enough already. 7 pages long and time to end the thread.
Good luck Nathan!
Why does it need to end. I hope it lives on forever lol.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
Bill formerly of Pasadena Air-cooled is awesome and he's at Rusnak Porsche running his own air-cooled division at the same labor rates as when he was at PAC. I've always heard good things about TLG as well
I'm sure Bill is awesome, but I took my car to Rusnak Porsche way back when and someone there stole my original rear Porsche carpet mats out of my 911. After some wrangling, Rusnak begrudgingly offered to replace with reproductions. I declined, I was so fed up with them. I'm also aware of a friend who had their spare stolen from their Mercedes service center.

I'm also sure my Audi A6 was driven into a curb by one of their workers at the Rusnak Audi service center and scraped and scratched my front valance.

I decided to take my car to Stuttcar in Pasadena, although there is about a month wait for them to work on my car.
Gone but not forgotten: 1969 Datsun 2000, 1973 914 1.7, 1976 912E

Last edited by aoncurly; 09-12-2018 at 06:40 PM..
Old 09-12-2018, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)
Quote:
I'm sure Bill is awesome, but I took my car to Rusnak Porsche way back when and someone there stole my original rear Porsche carpet mats out of my 911. After some wrangling, Rusnak begrudgingly offered to replace with reproductions. I declined, I was so fed up with them. I'm also aware of a friend who had their spare stolen from their Mercedes service center.

I'm also sure my Audi A6 was driven into a curb by one of their workers at the Rusnak Audi service center and scraped and scratched my front valance.

I decided to take my car to Stuttcar in Pasadena, although there is about a month wait for them to work on my car.
I absolutely loathe dealers and dealerships. So far it doesn’t seem like that or feel like that with Bill there. No service advisors or porters to deal with. He handles the transaction start to finish and has a nice little work area. I have had Rusnak Audi specifically damage 2 or 3 of my customer’s cars. Peter at Stuttcar is also awesome but after using them like 4-5 times his wife interfered with some arrangements we had made for me to do a quick pit stop to clean out a jet and even though I pleaded and begged her to allow him to fulfill the very simple promise that he had made with me she would not budge. If I was dealing with him I would still be their customer. I refuse to deal with her unfortunately. Some day I will get over it and be willing to return as he is a great, honest, affordable mechanic
Old 09-12-2018, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)

Quote:

I stay away from dealership service departments at all costs unless my car is under warranty.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)
Rocker arm not properly installed. How was this not noticed during valve adjustment?

Last edited by nathanbs; 09-13-2018 at 09:10 PM..
Old 09-13-2018, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)
Do these valve covers look resurfaced? Please note the lighter colored area is sealer not fresh metal

Old 09-13-2018, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

If a lash adjustment was even done at all, then the "mechanic" is either dumb, blind or both to have not seen the rocker that had walked in its bore, and those bisches obviously didn't touch the rocker cover sealing surfaces. I wonder if they did any work at all on your car?!
Old 09-13-2018, 11:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Bixen View Post
Hey Matt, +1 on Todd. I heard,"Don't be surprised to see him at a Porsche event 10-15 years from now." We just recently had an insurance job, 911, stolen targa top and gauges,the Russian appraiser said he found parts at a place in Sun Valley. I told him "we don't buy from Sun Valley." He said "it's not LA Dis (LAPD), I said "Sure.." Looked up the address of his dismantler "KAOS" , right next door to LAPD.
Should LAPD be avoided?
R Gruppe #111
Early S Registry #235
res ipsa loquitur
Old 09-14-2018, 04:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
If a lash adjustment was even done at all, then the "mechanic" is either dumb, blind or both to have not seen the rocker that had walked in its bore, and those bisches obviously didn't touch the rocker cover sealing surfaces. I wonder if they did any work at all on your car?!
This shop is probably a healthy mix of being both a bad mechanic and also a crook at the same time. One unfortunately ends up necessitating the other to survive. Hopefully this survival is nearing its end so this doesn’t keep happening.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithot View Post
Should LAPD be avoided?
Google them and you decide. Principal owner “died” recently. There are some strange rumors surrounding his death
Old 09-14-2018, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #140 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: