Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Proof positive they lied to you.
There is nothing more despicable than a mechanic who did not even touch your car.

It's time to post this on the Yelp page.
You can post photos.

"Here are photos of the valve covers. Do they look resurfaced?
Owner lied about doing work he never performed. Despicable"

Also, make a note that all the positive reviews are for Bill, who has left the company to scammers.

Last edited by sugarwood; 09-15-2018 at 03:24 AM..
Old 09-15-2018, 03:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

Garage
Here is the Yelp page, if you want to warn the community.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/pasadenaaircooled-pasadena
Old 09-15-2018, 03:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)
Quick update. First BAR compliance officer was mysteriously taken off the job after visiting Pasadena Air-cooled and replaced, second has completed his investigation. I will be able to get a copy soon. Essentially he was found to not be registered with the BAR. He did not provide me with a written estimate, he did not obtain proper authorizations, I am sure there’s more. Curt was encouraged to give my money back and he offered $1300 through the officer of which I declined. Even if he had accepted my 1700 proposal when I went to pick up my car I would have immediately gone back to him the same day or next day to complain about the oil leaks, and key mark. I guess we shall see what a judge says
Old 09-17-2018, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)
There was an additional negative review on yelp but it looks like it has since disappeared of which I figured as the person had no credibility on yelp.
oops screenshot won’t post. Does anyone know how to get a screenshot to post here on pelican?
Old 09-17-2018, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbs View Post
Quick update. First BAR compliance officer was mysteriously taken off the job after visiting Pasadena Air-cooled and replaced, second has completed his investigation. I will be able to get a copy soon. Essentially he was found to not be registered with the BAR. He did not provide me with a written estimate, he did not obtain proper authorizations, I am sure there’s more. Curt was encouraged to give my money back and he offered $1300 through the officer of which I declined. Even if he had accepted my 1700 proposal when I went to pick up my car I would have immediately gone back to him the same day or next day to complain about the oil leaks, and key mark. I guess we shall see what a judge says
So they just let this business keep their doors open with a suspended business license and major customer disputes? Sounds about right for a democratic state...god forbid you take their thievery livelihood away from them.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
Sounds about right for a democratic state...god forbid you take their thievery livelihood away from them.
Can the political commentary. There's a forum for that crap, and this ain't it.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
Can the political commentary. There's a forum for that crap, and this ain't it.
I don’t affiliate with either side, never have and never will. Just stating a point, as this is what tends to happen with very liberal (read loose) laws. That was my point, that’s why they are still open for business. But point well taken Mocker, I hate talking politics, especially because I don’t even claim affiliation with a party.

Last edited by JMS935; 09-18-2018 at 09:33 PM..
Old 09-18-2018, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)

you're contradicting yourself...
Old 09-18-2018, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelle View Post
you're contradicting yourself...
Not at all. You're now just inferring that I'm backing a political party from my liberal loose comment. There wasn't anything specifically political about my last comment. Stricter laws, regardless of who enacts them, make it much more difficult for this type of fraud to continue to perpetuate itself. Read into that however you want, I'm not talking or backing any political parties. I simply wish we had stronger laws that prevented these things from happening. Then they wouldn't happen. Then this shop wouldn't still be in business scamming more unsuspecting fellow Porsche owners. I'd think that's what we'd all want...
Old 09-18-2018, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Good job.... way to stay true to your beliefs!
Old 09-18-2018, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Not at all. You're now just inferring that I'm backing a political party from my liberal loose comment. There wasn't anything specifically political about my last comment. Stricter laws, regardless of who enacts them, make it much more difficult for this type of fraud to continue to perpetuate itself. Read into that however you want, I'm not talking or backing any political parties. I simply wish we had stronger laws that prevented these things from happening. Then they wouldn't happen. Then this shop wouldn't still be in business scamming more unsuspecting fellow Porsche owners. I'd think that's what we'd all want...
wasn't trying to pin you to either side of the political spectrum (couldn't care less), simply pointing out that you did, in fact, invoke politics. that was the source of mockers comment. a point well made as there is a forum for that.

and the last thing we need in CA is more laws. we can't enforce an enormous number of laws we have on the books already.

we need more common sense...
Old 09-18-2018, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #151 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
I don’t affiliated with either side, never have and never will. Just stating a point, as this is what tends to happens with very liberal (read loose) laws. That was my point, that’s why they are still open for business. But point well taken Mocker, I hate talking politics, especially because I don’t even claim affiliation with a party.
Neither do I, and that's what makes the back and forth shiit slinging so much fun in the "Politics and Religion" subforum in "Off Topic" (PARF) - there's always multiple targets!
Old 09-18-2018, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #152 (permalink)

I’m not far from there, in SD but know to avoid this shop now
Old 09-19-2018, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #153 (permalink)
I just noticed that Curt took down his response on yelp probably the first smart thing he’s done during this entire debacle.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)

Garage
That means he is reading this thread.
Sad.

Last edited by sugarwood; 09-21-2018 at 03:08 AM..
Old 09-21-2018, 02:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #155 (permalink)

How do the Curt’s of the world look at themselves in the mirror and justify their actions? Is $$ more important than morals, ethics and character?

Curt, if you are reading this thread – is this what you are teaching your kids?
Old 09-21-2018, 02:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #156 (permalink)

Garage
Have you ever read a sociopath next door? It's an enlightening read.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #157 (permalink)
Just when I thought there was nothing else to post here. Remember he deleted his very poor taste reply to my yelp review. I just got notification that he posted a comment. Boy did he redeem himself lol.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/pasadenaaircooled-pasadena?hrid=gRyJ7St6Bms-kT3WSqpH_g&utm_source=ishare&utm_content=review
Old 10-02-2018, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Just when I thought there was nothing else to post here. Remember he deleted his very poor taste reply to my yelp review. I just got notification that he posted a comment. Boy did he redeem himself lol.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/pasadenaaircooled-pasadena?hrid=gRyJ7St6Bms-kT3WSqpH_g&utm_source=ishare&utm_content=review
Did you happen to get gender reassignment surgery?
Old 10-02-2018, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #159 (permalink)
Quote:
Did you happen to get gender reassignment surgery?
Lol such a moron. I think bi-polar can be added to the list of his attributes
Old 10-02-2018, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #160 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: