Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse16 View Post
Reason to consider selling, just thinking I want to try a different car in the time I have left to enjoy this hobby.
Which other cars are you considering ?

BTW, "wrong color" means a color change repaint.
Tends to hurt value.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Just my humble opinion - Miles and tracking history are a deal breaker........

I'd keep looking for something with under 100K miles and used gently.........They are out there..........
1962 XKE Roadster (sold)
19 motorcycles
Old 01-01-2019, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeCleElum View Post
Just my humble opinion - Miles and tracking history are a deal breaker........

I'd keep looking for something with under 100K miles and used gently.........They are out there..........
Hes the seller, not the buyer.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-02-2019, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Spiderman

Garage
I understand that everyone has a different opinion of whats best for them. I have records on my car for everything back to Jim Ellis Porsche in Atlanta in 1988. Makes for a 11 page long spread sheet and very wide with columns. The re-paint which was done really well but short of bare metal which would have been a ridiculous waste for a driver has made me happy, red is so common and everyone I meet at any event really loves it. Never even got a mention previously. Gently used is for the weak of will and heart, nothing I own is "gently used". That's the story I'm happy with.

Oh, and I'd love to drive an Ariel Atom. Planning to visit the factory in South Boston, VA and get the inside story on how they support the used spec. cars that are in the market selling periodically. You can pick up one of them sometimes for about equivalent money. They only get positive comments for being a ton of fun to drive.

And Matt, I'd get the gearbox rebuilt in a skinny minute if it showed that it needed it at all. Has had more oil changes than can be counted and second gear likes to be done slowly sometimes, that's it. Just seems a waste to do it at this time.

Last edited by Jesse16; 01-02-2019 at 01:28 PM..
Old 01-02-2019, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse16 View Post
Color sells. Someone out there is smitten with this. I would zero in on that. Assuming a swell paint job, I say north of $50K.

On BAT, who knows, that might be low. The ducktail plus working A/C and "tons of extra parts" makes it even sweeter. Yeah... $40K would be a complete steal.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
Color sells. Someone out there is smitten with this. I would zero in on that. Assuming a swell paint job, I say north of $50K.

On BAT, who knows, that might be low. The ducktail plus working A/C and "tons of extra parts" makes it even sweeter. Yeah... $40K would be a complete steal.
Not sure if troll or contrarian. Always way out there, anyway.

As for the car - If you put it up for sale with a mid-40s ask, I doubt you'll get any movement. If you put it up at 42 you might get some nibbles and sell around 38. I will agree that "On BAT who knows" but you'll have to sort any nits and bite your tongue in the comments section.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

So how did you do on the sale?
Old 03-01-2019, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Spiderman

Garage
Sale

I think I did extremely well, sold it in less than 72 (like driving away and I have a bag of cash) hours from hitting the post on the PCA national web-site. If I knew how to sell cars, I could have even done better. Extremely well maintained trumped high miles big time and the color even though not original was a big selling point. Car looked and drove flawlessly which was my goal all along. Bought a track worthy Cayman S with plenty to spare. Nicely north of 40 and mid 40 was very doable. There are unique people out there who want nice ones and have the means. My buyer wanted the best driver possible.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Congrats on the quick sale and bag of cash !

That's a sure bet the buyer is a flipper type. We might well see this reappear at a higher price.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Spiderman

Garage
Nope, a believer and lover. Already sent photos of an extreme detailing and family inside. Just loves these cars, not his first air cooled car. Mine was the best driver available.
Of course everything flips eventually, could say I flipped after 10 years.

Last edited by Jesse16; 03-04-2019 at 03:25 AM..
Old 03-04-2019, 03:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

A story w/ a very happy ending....... as always w/ Porsche's color sells....... In this case long term ownership overcame high miles......
Old 03-04-2019, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: