Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
964 turbo and 930 Market?

I did a search and did not really see what I was wondering.

Having owned a '92 964 turbo (sold before the market went crazy), I have toyed with the idea of someday purchasing another one. I currently have a 9966TT and it is a great daily driver car, but is missing some of the appeal the '92 had.

Do you all see this market coming back down, or is the majc number going to be around $100K? I say a hundred, because I have seen some advertise and sell for above and below that number.

Thanks!

Old 12-07-2018, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

It's very difficult to make predictions, particularly about the future .
Old 12-07-2018, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

death and taxes are certain
I say grab one now as you may die; then you have your money, but you're dead.
Enjoy your 964 Turbo - its one bad ass 911...maybe the best!
Old 12-07-2018, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Brooklyn View Post
It's very difficult to make predictions, particularly about the future .
What else would you be trying to predict other than the future?
Old 12-07-2018, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Lol, oh I know, I was just wondering if anyone had seen trends....

They are down from the crazy highs a few years ago.

To clarify, I have a 996TT, not the 964 turbo currently....
Old 12-07-2018, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Unless you’re looking at the very top of the market, there’s no reason to reach for anything in my opinion. The rare ones will continue to get even rarer and more valuable as time goes by, while the driver quality turbos will continue to get used, thus suppressing their values. So I think you can toy with the idea all you want and not miss out on much assuming we’re not talking about the blue chip collectible turbos, cause those can’t be bought for 100k. That’s my two cents...
Old 12-07-2018, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

You can pick a nice driver 930 in the $70s these days. The 964 is pretty strong still since they made so few of them.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS935 View Post
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/10/20/no-predict/
Old 12-07-2018, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
That was funny!
Old 12-07-2018, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Unless youíre looking at the very top of the market, thereís no reason to reach for anything in my opinion. The rare ones will continue to get even rarer and more valuable as time goes by, while the driver quality turbos will continue to get used, thus suppressing their values. So I think you can toy with the idea all you want and not miss out on much assuming weíre not talking about the blue chip collectible turbos, cause those canít be bought for 100k. Thatís my two cents...
Used also means used up. Demand may be variable but supply of air cooled 911s is only going one direction(except for cars that are brought back from the dead, but I think most of those are in the economy now, unless we see prices rapidly increases again) and that is going to affect prices.

I wouldnít expect prices to come down much, not to the point where youíd regret a purchase made now. How much would prices have to drop to make you glad you waited at some future date? In 5 years if prices are halved to you spend $50k and say ďhahaha look how smart I amĒ or do you say ďdamn this car is fun! Why did I wait so long?Ē
Old 12-07-2018, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I agree about waiting five years down the road. 993TT prices have remained pretty constant over the years.

Part of it is paying double what I sold mine for the replace the 964T.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boost View Post
I agree about waiting five years down the road. 993TT prices have remained pretty constant over the years.

Part of it is paying double what I sold mine for the replace the 964T.
Yeah, that stings for sure. I had to fight the urge to cash out when these exploded in value a few years back, Iím glad I held off though. And Iím not saying that from a perspective that Iím more in the money now, cause I may not be, but I knew Iíd never get them back once gone...and I just wasnít ready to let go yet.

Deals can be found if you look hard enough / negotiate well enough. If you want one now, then donít wait (and hope) for prices to come down, thatís the simple answer. Because they may not, as was already clearly pointed out by Rick that we canít predict the future.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/1111230-1991-porsche-964-turbo-slate-grey-rare-color.html

Old 12-09-2018, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: