Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

What happened folks ?!!

In recent years Iíve been out of the loop in regards to the Porsche community. YALL ARE SELLING AND BUYING MID YEAR CARS FOR 30 GRAND !!! What happened ?!!! 1974 sport seats are worth a used Honda Civic ?!! I suppose I donít actually have a point. My kingdom for a time machine. Also I loathe cats. Figured since I have no legitimate reason to post anything I might as well throw in some other useless info.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
stupid cats.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Welcome back.
'99 MX-5
7 bicycles and a Metro Card...
Old 01-03-2019, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I have been forced to grow a beard and buy some more flannel shirts and trucker caps just to be permitted to drive my car around town. The upside is that I get to talk about my car being "analog" to complete strangers.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
I own a cat and a midyear. Whatya gunna do.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/878569-born-75-me-my-new-911s.html
Old 01-03-2019, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Ah, yes the days when a '74 - '77 S was junk and sold for $10 Grand.... no one wanted a 2.7 back then. And SC's were going for mid to high teens! A '89 Carrera on a good day $26K.

NOT ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!

Bring your cash if you want to be back in the game!
'86 951 (Guards) Burned to Death
'71 911T (Orange) Sold
'72 911E (White) Sold
'86 951 (Black) Sold
'79 SC (White) Sold
'71 911 T (Green) Sold
Old 01-03-2019, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Functionista

A 1994 Supra just sold for 121K on BAT. The waves of nostalgia are affecting a lot of old car buyers.
74 911, #3
I do not disbelieve in anything. I start from the premise that everything is true until proved false. Everything is possible.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Ah, and thems old ones. Whatcha call them longhoods. Wooooooo. Who da thought, what with thems puny lil' 2.4s engines....
Old 01-03-2019, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Cats stink, cars smell good
Old 01-03-2019, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I don't happen to think they are overpriced. They're aesthetically attractive. Historical significance. Racing provenance. And they are a BLAST to drive. Did I mention that girls think they are very cool?
Old 01-03-2019, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
I don't happen to think they are overpriced. They're aesthetically attractive. Historical significance. Racing provenance. And they are a BLAST to drive. Did I mention that girls think they are very cool?
We're on opposite ends of the vintage Porsche spectrum, then, as I think they are all ridiculously overpriced for the performance one gets - especially the stockers, which were built full of compromises, and show it (the Turbos, bigtime), and oddly enough, command the highest prices (from people that apparently do not care about vehicle performance).

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 01-03-2019 at 09:27 PM..
Old 01-03-2019, 09:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
Only girl that ever liked mine was a young german backpacker type. 'Cool car' she said and that was that. The ones my age definitely don't see what the fuss is about- a stinky old thing lacking reversing camera and self closing doors.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastr View Post
Only girl that ever liked mine was a young german backpacker type. 'Cool car' she said and that was that. The ones my age definitely don't see what the fuss is about- a stinky old thing lacking reversing camera and self closing doors.
Same here - the only female that has ever gone nutz about my car was my 10 year old, second cousin (she shrieked with joy at the turbo rush and immediately started hounding her mom about how they needed to get a car like mine ).
Old 01-03-2019, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

No female has ever liked my car. Waaay back in the day, when I had a job, I took one of the girls for a drive at lunch time. When her friends asked her how was the drive, she relied "Good thing I wore my sports bra today, or they would have been all over the place."
Old 01-03-2019, 11:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Things really have changed

I used to have a fifty year old woman who I thought loved me, and a 37 year old European car

Now I have a 50 year old car and a 37 year old European girlfriend who thinks my car is cool

And no more cats...
My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 01-04-2019, 12:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
We're on opposite ends of the vintage Porsche spectrum, then, as I think they are all ridiculously overpriced for the performance one gets - especially the stockers, which were built full of compromises, and show it (the Turbos, bigtime), and oddly enough, command the highest prices (from people that apparently do not care about vehicle performance).
These cars are not about modern performance, they are emotional nostalgic buys. You can get an excellent modern high performance car for half of what these old girls are selling for. Look at many classic Ferrari's, they are full of compromises yet they command some of the highest prices of all classic cars. Just look at the Alfa community,
same thing is occurring. Some people just want to be able to connect, something that seems to be missing from many modern performance cars.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
I used to drive my old 72 like I didn't give a crap if I crashed it or not. Now, well I still drive it fast, but not fast like I used to when friends never wanted to get in it again because of how nuts I was. It's just worth way to much money now.
When I sell it, I'm shipping it to sf and parking it in Googles parking lot with a for sale sign on it. Should sell in 24 hours to some bearded guy with a red plaid shirt.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell911 View Post
What happened ?!!!.
^

Chit Happened.......
Old 01-04-2019, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Behind the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Things really have changed

I used to have a fifty year old woman who I thought loved me, and a 37 year old European car

Now I have a 50 year old car and a 37 year old European girlfriend who thinks my car is cool

And no more cats...
You are da man
Old 01-04-2019, 03:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
I guess I'm lucky as my wife actually likes my 1980 SC coupe, bouncy ride and all! She does tend to leave fingerprints in the dash when I drive "briskly" though. She has been such a good sport about my Porsche habit that I got her an XJS convertible for a "toy" car. Neither one get driven much any more, but both are a joy to own/drive. Could I get my money back out of either one? Maybe, on a good day, if I was lucky! Otherwise, they can sleep in the garage happily on their battery tenders until a nice day comes along.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: