Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Forget the 2 liter and put this in. It would be a go kart like car that would shame many in it's class on track @ 11PSI 374 wheel HP and 400 ft lbs of torque. as in dyno sheets. Not fast enough?, well then turn up the boost to 15-16 PSI and hang on with around 500HP and over 500 ft lbs torque. Thinking

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-11-2019 at 10:26 AM..
Old 01-11-2019, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Yes, I would put a real engine in it. The only other thing I would do is change the color - and keep it a race car. It's pretty awesome, and with a real motor and brighter paintwork it would be serious.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
Price check on original 1970 914-6 GTpg[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.914-6GT View Post
Ok Gunther lets get you straitened out here. Between the silliness, knit picking and people that donít read threads completely let me get you to your answer.
Heads up: SirAndy on 914World determined that the posts from these two are coming from the same IP address, and that one of them has an email account of Black Forest Racing, who probably owns the car:

John's Black Wide Body 914-6
Old 01-11-2019, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAmy View Post
Heads up: SirAndy on 914World determined that the posts from these two are coming from the same IP address, and that one of them has an email account of Black Forest Racing, who probably owns the car:

When will the shenanigans ever end. I guess they straightened themselves out, so I guess it's self cancelling since they think it's worth $45K and already knew the answer?
Old 01-11-2019, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAmy View Post

Yeah, when I saw a patronizing knowitall post from someone with 1 post it was pretty obviously a shill. Good work by Andy.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-11-2019, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
Yeah, when I saw a patronizing knowitall post from someone with 1 post it was pretty obviously a shill. Good work by Andy.
I thought the same thing. I also got a good laugh out of how the know-it-all's value figure was about the same as those posted by the "silly non-readers".
Old 01-11-2019, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
I thought the same thing. I also got a good laugh out of how the know-it-all's value figure was about the same as those posted by the "silly non-readers".
Except I was pricing it as a racecar, which is one way he offered it. He’s pricing it as a roller. It’s a -6 vin. What’s the vin worth? $25k-ish. And that assumes he has a title.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-11-2019, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Racer needs sponsor

Garage
Holly crap I can't believe it, My SOB cousin efed me over. I just got a call from a friend who asked me what was going on with my post on Pelican. Apparently someone (my cousin I found out) got on my computer last night and opened up an account and wrote what he thought would help sell the 914. Yea thanks for nothing cous. I am so mad right now I could strangle him. In just one night he has made me lose all credibility, that has taken me so long to build up. I can't believe he did this. I need to apologize to the 914 community. I am so very sorry. Now my cousin needs to apologize too. Better yet he needs to be removed from this site. I am so angry right now I need to cool off. I'll sign back in later tonight and fill you in on the details later. Again I can't tell you how sorry I am about this. I hope you understand and can forgive me.
Gunther
Racing is living, the rest is just waiting around.

Last edited by Gunther; 01-11-2019 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: misspelled
Old 01-11-2019, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
This entire thread is now unbelievable. In the interim, value is only recognized between a particular buyer and a seller. I value it at no more than $30K. Whomever values it more can pay more.
Old: 68 912, 67 911, #2 67 911, 66 911, 70 911S, 72 914, 89 944TS, 79 928, 83 928, 72 911T (2.7RS), 89 964 C4, 66 912, 70 911E, 84 911 coupe, 1973 914/6 with 993 engine, 7 other formula cars (professionally licensed).
Old 01-11-2019, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
gearhead

The car is worth what it’s worth. This weirdness won’t change that. Throw it on Ebey and see what happens.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-11-2019, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Hi everyone John Forbes here. I am the owner of the black 914-6. I asked Gunther to help me find out the value of the race car. I am so swamped at work and I need to get 4 engines built in the next 4 weeks and I have no time to sit on the phone all day answering questions. The 914 market has been going crazy lately and sometimes its hard to keep up with the current market since it is in such constant change. This is a real nice race car. It has some rare parts, like a factory 10 grand tach and a factory 200 mph speedo.

Gunther is a real good guy and a good friend. Please don't condemn him for the stupidity of his cousins actions even though his cousin meant well. Gunther isn't one to get angry easily but when he found out what his cousin did, he was livid. Gunther doesn't work for me on a daily basis, but he has done some great work for me. He is an awesome machinist and fabricator and is a great race car builder. If you ever get the chance to see his personal race car its real nice with a lot great details. So again please don't condemn him for the stupidity of his cousins actions.

We know that pricing this car is difficult and subjective and we appreciate everyone's input. We can build an engine for the buyer of this car if they're willing to wait for a couple of months.

Sorry for any confusion there my have been. If you do have any questions please direct them to Gunther. I am in contact with him on a daily basis and he should be able to get back to you in reasonable time.

Thank you for your understanding.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Want a real car and not some POS with no engine?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BshIZb1FB6W/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
You'll get your monies worth.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 01-11-2019, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

I don't know about you guys, but this thread has given me great inspiration. It's the first thread that I am convinced that I can make into a movie (albeit, a rather boring one). And it would be based on a true story and it would include:

1) Mystery
2) Family drama
3) Deception
4) The mysterious stranger
5) The hero

PS. Thanks again because I was able to get in my monthly meme quota on this post alone. It just gets me so excited.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
. . .

5) The hero

. . .
You're my hero with that post, SexySal!

***forum goosing***
Old 01-11-2019, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
This thread isn't so different from all the other "what is it worth" threads. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get all the hostility. We've got a guy and his co-worker and family I guess trying to sell a car... big deal. The title is funny as it isn't an original 914/6 GT -that is why I looked here in the first place but so what that could be just a bit of ignorance on the seller or his knowing or unknowing assistants.

I think it looks like a pretty cool race car to me. I think with all the vintage groups including PCA and the new vintage series that seems to be gaining strength this car should sell pretty quick if priced right.

Good Luck with the sale.
'80 911SC Weissach 3.2 Short Stroke Hot Rod
'68 SWB 911T build in progress -The Rat
Old 01-11-2019, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
Holly crap I can't believe it, My SOB cousin efed me over. I just got a call from a friend who asked me what was going on with my post on Pelican. Apparently someone (my cousin I found out) got on my computer last night and opened up an account and wrote what he thought would help sell the 914. Yea thanks for nothing cous. I am so mad right now I could strangle him. In just one night he has made me lose all credibility, that has taken me so long to build up. I can't believe he did this. I need to apologize to the 914 community. I am so very sorry. Now my cousin needs to apologize too. Better yet he needs to be removed from this site. I am so angry right now I need to cool off. I'll sign back in later tonight and fill you in on the details later. Again I can't tell you how sorry I am about this. I hope you understand and can forgive me.
Gunther
Apology accepted.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
Want a real car and not some POS with no engine?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BshIZb1FB6W/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
You'll get your monies worth.
That would be this car that my friend Pino painted.

A ton of work went into making this car perfect after a lot of bad body work done by prior owners.

Last edited by Cobalt; 01-12-2019 at 05:52 AM..
Old 01-12-2019, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post

When will the shenanigans ever end. I guess they straightened themselves out, so I guess it's self cancelling since they think it's worth $45K and already knew the answer?
This is no different than any other "what's my car worth"
Most, in not all, know exactly what they want before they post the question.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfordfan View Post
This is no different than any other "what's my car worth"
Most, in not all, know exactly what they want before they post the question.
Please. I beg to differ sir and give me a break. It's not a "what's my car worth" - as it wasn't his car or the cousins car in the first place.

I have never in all my time on this board have seen: 1) A person post a car that doesn't own the car have a family member create a fake account to try to talk up a car that they either know information from that original poster or are blatantly making it up...

and 2) suddenly at the 12th hour the original owner chimes in (the one who should have asked the question in the first place ) comes to everyone's rescue.

Not any different? It's freaking hilarious that it had to go through so many people and ridiculous drama to ask a simple question and not taint it with a strange aura of deception.

No one really cares. I don't. I think it's hilarious and I'm not being critical or hostile (and I don't think others are either). But this time it was different, took many twists and turns and it's plain funny. It was what it is.

Goes to show how a simple question can turn into a circus, and now it's anyone's guess how many clowns emerge from a particular car.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
gearhead

Tough crowd. I believe Gunter and John and see no reason not to move on.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 01-12-2019, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: