Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 911s View Post
How to make 10 grand more on your BaT auction:

1. Equip outlaw 001 wheels and some low profile tires
2. maybe wash it, maybe not. Bonus for one or more ugly front valance item: - front mount license plate (driver), rock chipped valance (aggressive driver) No front spoiler (aggressive driver over rough terrain)
3. Have at least one suspension upgrade (doesn't need to be meaningful ie strut brace)
4. Momo prototipo
5. Don't be Red, white or silver. Black is OK.
6. Pictures with a long lens with vehicle situated by trains or loading docks.
7. Copy basics:
Oil leak - Moisture
Interior shot - driver
Old boat anchor audio equip - vintage
Suspension shot - bilstein, koni
Paint hosed - original single stage
An Outlaw Prototipo would add $3k easy. A must for any true driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Deez looks sweet wearing his ball gag and leather chaps!
Pics or it never happened.

Last edited by 1979-930; 02-15-2019 at 05:35 AM..
Old 02-15-2019, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)
Former Options Trader !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 911s View Post
How to make 10 grand more on your BaT auction:

1. Equip outlaw 001 wheels and some low profile tires
2. maybe wash it, maybe not. Bonus for one or more ugly front valance item: - front mount license plate (driver), rock chipped valance (aggressive driver) No front spoiler (aggressive driver over rough terrain)
3. Have at least one suspension upgrade (doesn't need to be meaningful ie strut brace)
4. Momo prototipo
5. Don't be Red, white or silver. Black is OK.
6. Pictures with a long lens with vehicle situated by trains or loading docks.
7. Copy basics:
Oil leak - Moisture
Interior shot - driver
Old boat anchor audio equip - vintage
Suspension shot - bilstein, koni
Paint hosed - original single stage

Black doesn't bring the money on BAT. Blue of any shade is worth a fortune. Faux Magnus Walker signature under the bonnet is worth $5k. High quality photos in a nice setting with lots of filter, color blending and general photoshop work is priceless.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopCat View Post
Older millennials at least have their student loans paid off, it only got worse every year later you were born.
LOL, yeah maybe when I'm 55 or so, in another 20 years.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboulder View Post

I paid $5000 for the white one and $7900 for the blue one.

When? 10 years ago?
Old 02-15-2019, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)
Former Options Trader !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
When? 10 years ago?
I hear yaa.... and I bought AMZN in the 200's and 300's big deal.

In 2001 I paid $36k for a 40k mile RSA
In 1996 I paid $51k for a 6k mile 94 Speedster
In 2002 I paid like $33k for a 35k mile 1989 Ruf modded 930 in a stunning moss green color.

I sold all of those cars plus dozens more air cooled 911's long before the price explosion, big deal.

I am with you ADDvanced ...
Old 02-15-2019, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

Quote:
When? 10 years ago?
I guess he wanted to show you could at one time buy those cars for under $10k? $10k being the arbitrary budget he created in a previous comment and then promptly forgot, and apparently assigned as my budget... and then proceeded to insult me as if he thought he was being clever with his response that made no sense and was based on assumptions and poor reading comprehension.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)
USAF VET

Garage
Now he can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
Wait, so he can't see my posts now? I can say things about him with impunity now like:

He brings nothing to the forums and never has
He knows zero about Porsches
He's mechanically inept
He lives to ignorantly incite
He's antisocial

Oooh, I like being on his ignore list.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader220 View Post
I hear yaa.... and I bought AMZN in the 200's and 300's big deal.
We all know you bought AMZN cheap. You're starting to act like MIB with this.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)
Banned from Boulder

Garage
Quote:
When? 10 years ago?
2013 on the 912e and 2019 on the 996.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)
Banned from Boulder

Garage
Quote:
I guess he wanted to show you could at one time buy those cars for under $10k? $10k being the arbitrary budget he created in a previous comment and then promptly forgot, and apparently assigned as my budget... and then proceeded to insult me as if he thought he was being clever with his response that made no sense and was based on assumptions and poor reading comprehension.
10k +- 2k in today's dollars has been the bottom for most now-cool production Porsches. Speedsters, longhoods, 914-6s, SCs, Carreras, 964s. If you're looking for value your best bet is in the 10k range.

I remember looking at driver 964s for under 10k back in 2010/11 and at the time a lot of porsche enthusiasts held the opinion that they "wouldn't be caught dead in a 964."

I've looked at your historical posts and they all seem to revolve around the idea that you missed the one Porsche boat. There's been about 10 Porsche boats and there will probably be 10 more.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
Yes, it's not actually Bring a Trailer... It's Boat and Trailer.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/878569-born-75-me-my-new-911s.html
Old 02-16-2019, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

Quote:
10k +- 2k in today's dollars has been the bottom for most now-cool production Porsches. Speedsters, longhoods, 914-6s, SCs, Carreras, 964s. If you're looking for value your best bet is in the 10k range.

I remember looking at driver 964s for under 10k back in 2010/11 and at the time a lot of porsche enthusiasts held the opinion that they "wouldn't be caught dead in a 964."

I've looked at your historical posts and they all seem to revolve around the idea that you missed the one Porsche boat. There's been about 10 Porsche boats and there will probably be 10 more.
I was just making the point that most millennials can't afford a hobby car much less a Porsche at todays values. That doesn't make me one of them. 78% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck and millennials are at an even higher percentage. It is ridiculous to say every one you know could afford it (rent a house in order to have space for a hobby Porsche? Really? Backwards priorities IMO). My argument wasn't about my situation, but go ahead and infer (and insult) all you want... I already stated earlier that I am in a "professional" occupation if you were really paying attention, so I am doing ok, and I'm not currently looking to buy anything (famous last words).
Old 02-16-2019, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)
Banned from Boulder

Garage
Quote:
I was just making the point that most millennials can't afford a hobby car much less a Porsche at todays values. That doesn't make me one of them. 78% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck and millennials are at an even higher percentage.
You don't think that has anything to do with financing falling rocks, living in overpriced apartments, stunningly low stock market participation and business ownership rates or even avocado toast?
Old 02-16-2019, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)
USAF VET

Garage
Smh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader220 View Post
i hear yaa.... And i bought amzn in the 200's and 300's big deal.

In 2001 i paid $36k for a 40k mile rsa
in 1996 i paid $51k for a 6k mile 94 speedster
in 2002 i paid like $33k for a 35k mile 1989 ruf modded 930 in a stunning moss green color.

I sold all of those cars plus dozens more air cooled 911's long before the price explosion, big deal.

I am with you addvanced ...
Old 02-16-2019, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)

Quote:
You don't think that has anything to do with financing falling rocks, living in overpriced apartments, stunningly low stock market participation and business ownership rates or even avocado toast?
I think there is way too much to unpack with that one. I don't think tightening up ones budget is going to be the fix all for our generation. It obviously will help and there are some people being idiots (avocado toast), but it doesn't come close to fixing things for the majority who were told go to college, get a good job and you'll be fine. Then realized that a $50k salary doesn't even get you a home anymore, and wages are going nowhere. Oh and you now owe $300+ a month for the next ten years for something that is no longer special. Are you surprised that leads to less stock market participation and fewer business risks taken? I think even if someone budgets well, perpetual rent increases, retirement obligations (not expecting SS), student loans, and wage stagnation will make it difficult for most millennials to find couch money for a hobby car. Anyone "successful" I know all went to grad school, law school or med school, I know zero young (sub30) business owners (besides 1, ). Seems like grad school is the new undergrad if you want to actually get ahead. Or if you are willing to do work not many others want to do, vocational skills pay well.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)

Garage
Financing falling rocks ?
Old 02-16-2019, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarwood View Post
Financing falling rocks ?
I assume he means quickly depreciating cars.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)
Functionista

Guys where I work complain about prices of cars or some other item they wish they could own. But they are blowing through money, what with all those necessities like huge car payments, beer, smokes, Netflix, nights out every weekend etc. Saving money is not in their wheelhouse....
74 911, #3
I do not disbelieve in anything. I start from the premise that everything is true until proved false. Everything is possible.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbridge 74 View Post
Saving money is not in their wheelhouse....
The data actually says otherwise.
They are saving more than any other generation.

1 in 6 has $100k saved.
Unpacking the Stats: 1 in 6 Millennials Has Saved $100K | Fortune

According to their national study of 2,205 people, 81% of Millennials are currently saving in some capacity, compared to 74% of Generation Xers and 77% of Baby Boomers.
https://www.asppa.org/news/browse-topics/how-do-millennials%E2%80%99-savings-habits-compare-other-generations
Old 02-16-2019, 10:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbridge 74 View Post
Guys where I work complain about prices of cars or some other item they wish they could own. But they are blowing through money, what with all those necessities like huge car payments, beer, smokes, Netflix, nights out every weekend etc. Saving money is not in their wheelhouse....
I'm sure previous generations never drank, smoked or went out on the weekend, that would be irresponsible.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: