Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Trailer wiring on the fly!

So anyone who has used a trailer has probably had trailer wiring issues, always away from home. And getting that ticket for no lights is no fun, ask me, I've had a few. So at some point on my latest trip the trailer wiring popped out of it's socket and got dragged for 200 miles. So here I am hundreds of miles from home, it's snowing and I need to drive at night. What to do? I got to Wal-Mart and buy two of those light switch lights that are supposed to go in closets, zip tie them to the trailer and wrap them in red tape! Macgyver would be so proud. I got the load loaded and headed home.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 02-28-2019, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
. . . I got the load . . .

---Adam
. . .
???

!!!

You should have trimmed the excess zip tie material, bub - attention to detail is everything!

PS - nice fix, bro!
Old 02-28-2019, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
???

!!!

You should have trimmed the excess zip tie material, bub - attention to detail is everything!

PS - nice fix, bro!
I didn't have my knife with me, it's in an airport trash can, can't take them on planes, and I just landed a day before this trip.

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 02-28-2019, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Good job Adam.
Love the door flames on that red one.
(I don't list the cars I've sold, because they're gone)
Old 03-01-2019, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I think any of us who have done a lot of trailering probably have had to a similar emergency repair like this at some point. In my case I’d trusted a friend to hook up my trailer at VIR before towing home 1,000 miles to Chicago. Typical end-of-track-weekend rush. 2 hours into my tow, as it got dark I realized I had no running lights along the top and bottom front of the trailer. Said friend hadn’t pushed the plug into the receptacle on my truck complete and it had fallen out. Fortunately my plug was usable but several of the wires has been completely abbraided through. Found a Walmart, bought wire and electrical tape, and got it back together. Oh, and it was snowing by then too in the West Virginia mountains. Learned my lesson.
'97 BMW 528i (the sensible car, bought new)
'12 Vintage/Millenium 23' v-nose enclosed trailer
Old 03-01-2019, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
I didn't have my knife with me, it's in an airport trash can, can't take them on planes, and I just landed a day before this trip.
That's what your teefs are for!
Old 03-01-2019, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
That's what your teefs are for!
I'm sure you could tell us stories of chewing your way out of restraints, zip ties, etc.

---Adam

356 Registry 17369
Early 911S Registry
912 Registry, PCA
Old 03-01-2019, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
I'm sure you could tell us stories of chewing your way out of restraints, zip ties, etc.

---Adam
The only way a ball gag stays in place is if metal chain is used instead of elastic or leather bands!
Old 03-01-2019, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: